I have Officially Conceded the Season is Over

elrockinMT

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 04:04 PM)
OK, I know we have one more game today, but I officially believe we are out of it for 2011. Can we all agree it will be an interesting off season and looking forward to starting anew in 2012? :gosoxretro:

Today is the saddest day of the calendar year, the end of baseball season.

However, because of our gawdawful season I stopped following the games about 2 weeks ago.

It's no fun being irrelevant and irrelevant is more than 10 games out.

I sure hope that doesn't happen to the Sox in May or June or July like it did to the Cubs.

Seasons are no fun when you are out of it and no hope of getting back in it.

That's why the rebuilding people need to realize what they are asking for. If we "rebuild" and are out 10 games out in early to mid June, there will be NOBODY at the Cell.

I mean in theory it sounds like fun to follow the progress of the young players, but it's really not.

It's fun to win.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 02:34 PM)
I still feel like Dunn will come out of this slump and lead us to the post-season.

I think he just finished his last swing at a slow curve ball. *crickets* *off in the distance, a dog barks*

QUOTE (Jillian Michaels' Abs @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 09:43 AM)
Did Adam Dunn strike out in his last AB of the season? I believe his first AB of the season was a K, too. What a way to bookend a miserable season.

Dunn's first game this year... he was awesome. I thought the Sox would be unstoppable. That f***ing appendectomy ruined all of his momentum.