Wild Card Wednesday!

Brian

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (scenario @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 11:12 PM)
The meltdown on Boston fan boards should be amazing.

ESPN has lowered flags to half mast since Yankees will be in playoffs to kiss ass fulltime but no Bo Sox to overhype, sad panda's in Bristol. :crying :nono

Edited by Soxfest

We might have to trade Peter Gammons for Cowley now.

Could we have just shifted managers from Martinez to Francona?

Wow, wow, wow. What a turn of events in all three games from the 9th inning on.

And Andrew Friedman or Freidman or however you spell his name might as well just get a blank check from Ricketts to run that Cubs' organization. Theo Epstein won't be far behind, although Francona will definitely be the scapegoat this time around.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 12:16 AM)
Not pitching Rivera in the 9th cost the Yanks this game and I'm thinking NY would rather face TB than Boston in the playoffs.

NY threw this game, IMO.

Why would New York throw a game to have to potentially face a red hot team instead of a gasping and tanking Red Sox??

Just to spite the Red Sox Nation?

It was curious and it will be a decision that is dissected across the country, not using Rivera there to close it out.

ROBERT ANDINO=BUCKY DENT 2.0

Poor Chris Boomer Berman. And Joe Biden's prayers apparently didn't work either

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 04:20 AM)

It was curious and it will be a decision that is dissected across the country, not using Rivera there to close it out.

Yankees had said Rivera wouldn't be used tonight. Red Sox fans can't complain, as Yanks didn't use some of their better players in that long extra inning game against Boston on Sunday.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 11:20 PM)

ROBERT ANDINO=BUCKY DENT 2.0

Poor Chris Boomer Berman. And Joe Biden's prayers apparently didn't work either

The Red Sox fans will surely claim that NY threw it. And good call on Andino being Dent.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 10:21 PM)
Yankees had said Rivera wouldn't be used tonight. Red Sox fans can't complain, as Yanks didn't use some of their better players in that long extra inning game against Boston on Sunday.

Definitely agree, priority #1 has to be having him ready to go 1+ inning in the playoffs.

Of course, RED SOX fans will complain that the playoffs shouldn't have started the next day...so there would have been no excuse not to use Rivera.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 11:14 PM)
I think Dan Shaughnessy may have just hung himself and somewhere Bill Simmons just set down at a typerwriter with drool hanging from his lips.

I think the world we better off that way. Simmons may be a joke, but he's less punchable.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 11:22 PM)
Scott Procter would've given up a homer eventually, what was he in, his 4th inning?

Yes.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 11:23 PM)
Andino's f***ed the Red Sox over 3 times already. It's crazy.

What was the third time?

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 11:24 PM)
Joe Maddon looks 10 years younger than he did in the Rays WS season a couple of years back. I love that guy.

He looks like Joe Walsh. I'm not sure how Walsh usually looks, but check out what he looked like on the Drew Carey Show.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 12:24 AM)
I think the world we better off that way. Simmons may be a joke, but he's less punchable.

Shaughnessy has been wanking himself off over the "curse of the bambino" s*** for the last two decades. I'm actually somewhat impressed at his determination to flog that horse dry.