2011-12 White Sox off season catch all thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 12:34 AM)
What do think about the idea of inviting Aaron Rowand to spring training? Give him a chance to make our team. Giants are paying him millions for 2012. Low risk...reward? I don't know. Haven't seen him play in awhile. At worst, White Sox fans can see him in spring training and he might motivate other players.

Now that's a good idea. He'd be perfect if we trade Quentin to be a backup OF.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Dec 3, 2011 -> 06:34 PM)
What do think about the idea of inviting Aaron Rowand to spring training? Give him a chance to make our team. Giants are paying him millions for 2012. Low risk...reward? I don't know. Haven't seen him play in awhile. At worst, White Sox fans can see him in spring training and he might motivate other players.

Oh my goodness gracious. I would make this my new sig. But I don't want to part with my current one. This is just horrible.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 11:26 AM)
The Royals are willing to trade Soria for a starting pitcher. I was thinking, hey, we always trade with KC! But Soria's due $6 million next year. That doesn't help much. Plus, aren't the Sox okay as far as righties go in the bullpen?

The White Sox already have a closer in Sergio Santos. Why would they add Soria for a starting pitcher?

According to a Minnesota source, the Sox hired Kevin Bootay as a major league scout. Bootay was the area scout who recommended Cubs pitcher Matt Garza as Minnesota's first pick in the 2005 draft.

Bootay also was worked for Texas. He played in the Texas and Philadelphia organizations.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 09:07 PM)
So, we've acquired two guys to evaluate talent from teams with good minor leagues so far? I like.

From all we've done thus far this off-season... a rebuild era seems to be upon us.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 10:51 PM)
Thanks.

Dont forget the "...and I get that" he throws in after each point.

"Mark Buehrle is a great pitcher. I get that. John Danks is a big part of what the rotation will do next year. I get that. But they might both be elsewhere next season. I get that."

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 03:51 PM)
scottmerkin Scott Merkin

Ventura said Dunn will play in the field, including the OF

This is not good news. .lol. I say DH, pinch hitter, or cheerleader for Mr. Dunn.

And is Soria available? I like Soria. We just put in a help wanted ad for a closer.

I still can't believe how Kenny has mis-general managed this team. The Marlins get Reyes and Bell, they already have Hanley Ramirez, and they offer a ten yr deal to Pujols --and all of this would bring their payroll up to $100mm. Meanwhile Kenny has assembled a lousy team that had a payroll of $127mm in 2011, with no significant salary relief possible for at least two yrs, and he keeps his job.