2011-12 White Sox off season catch all thread

southsider2k5

It's sad how little White Sox talk interests me, even as spring training is about to begin. I read almost every thread on the site, but now only around half of them in PHT. I don't read any of the "This day in Sox history" threads, stopped reading the Jim Bowden and Cuban ones, and haven't read a word from A Lot For Sox To Overcome, The Team Is Pretty Much Set, nor 5 Burning Questions.

I'm not sure if it's the team that is causing this or the complete lack of anything worth talking about due to lack of moves.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 10:00 AM)
It's sad how little White Sox talk interests me, even as spring training is about to begin. I read almost every thread on the site, but now only around half of them in PHT. I don't read any of the "This day in Sox history" threads, stopped reading the Jim Bowden and Cuban ones, and haven't read a word from A Lot For Sox To Overcome, The Team Is Pretty Much Set, nor 5 Burning Questions.

I'm not sure if it's the team that is causing this or the complete lack of anything worth talking about due to lack of moves.

I didn't even read this post.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 04:00 PM)

Welcome to the return of irrelevance.

This team is going to suck and steal zero headlines.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 02:24 PM)

I just hope that everyone on this site who thinks this way just doesn't watch any games this year. I'm already sick of hearing it, and it's not even March 1.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 02:42 PM)
PREACH!

I don't mean to be a crabass about this, but enough is enough. Yes, the Sox lost some key pieces, and on paper they don't look as good as last year. But in my opinion, it can't be as bad as last year. I'm not expecting a playoff run, but it's not out of the realm of possibility. I'm going to follow the team, cheer for them, be happy when they win and pissed off when they lose. But I'm not going to say on February 23 that this team is going to to suck. Because if I really felt that way, I wouldn't watch.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 02:24 PM)

Is it really important if they steal headlines. I'm beginning to see why you like Ozzie so much. With a moderately talented team that most likely will not contend for the division and Venture as the manager, this team will not be in the headlines (except for Cowley exclaiming how right he was and what Ozzie says from Florida).

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 03:52 PM)
I don't mean to be a crabass about this, but enough is enough. Yes, the Sox lost some key pieces, and on paper they don't look as good as last year. But in my opinion, it can't be as bad as last year. I'm not expecting a playoff run, but it's not out of the realm of possibility. I'm going to follow the team, cheer for them, be happy when they win and pissed off when they lose. But I'm not going to say on February 23 that this team is going to to suck. Because if I really felt that way, I wouldn't watch.

Not only do I hope they don't watch, but I wish they would stop posting THE SAME s*** EVERY DAMNED DAY as well.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 10:00 AM)

No offense, but why post this kind of thing (continually)? Nobody cares about who reads what thread or if they read any thread at all.

Edited by Marty34

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 03:52 PM)

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 05:44 PM)
Not only do I hope they don't watch, but I wish they would stop posting THE SAME s*** EVERY DAMNED DAY as well.

+eleventy

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 24, 2012 -> 10:04 AM)
Yet every single one of your posts confidently proclaims that this team will be horrendously bad.

I mainly just agree with those who say the team will suck then I add a few shots on Dunn, Rios, Peavy and Kenny. I rarely bring it up, I just pile on.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 24, 2012 -> 12:52 PM)
I mainly just agree with those who say the team will suck then I add a few shots on Dunn, Rios, Peavy and Kenny. I rarely bring it up, I just pile on.

Ozzie didn't exactly have a stellar year in '11. Sort of Rios-esque in my opinion.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Feb 24, 2012 -> 01:01 PM)
Ozzie didn't exactly have a stellar year in '11. Sort of Rios-esque in my opinion.

Yeah. Dunn had a bad year, but he was quiet and respectable about it. Peavy was hurt and was only a little mouthy...towards the end of the season. Rios and Ozzie had bad years and were both assholes. I'd say Ozzie was a little worse.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Feb 24, 2012 -> 03:00 PM)
Yeah. Dunn had a bad year, but he was quiet and respectable about it. Peavy was hurt and was only a little mouthy...towards the end of the season. Rios and Ozzie had bad years and were both assholes. I'd say Ozzie was a little worse.

You picked up on my point very well. In fact, the fact the Ozzie quit on his team (well before the last week of the season) may have had an impact on Rios. Such is 'leadership'.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Feb 24, 2012 -> 10:20 PM)
You picked up on my point very well. In fact, the fact the Ozzie quit on his team (well before the last week of the season) may have had an impact on Rios. Such is 'leadership'.

This is where I defend Ozzie and praise him and everybody says they are sick of me talking about Ozzie.