2011-12 White Sox off season catch all thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 16, 2011 -> 08:58 AM)
Posting for no other reasons than, A) it made me laugh and B) the conversation yesterday about fighting celebs.

BSLillibridge Brent Lillibridge

Who wants to arm wrestle at Soxfest? #Competitivetweet #workingoutmakesmestrong

I think he should arm wrestle the poster named Soxfest, at Soxfest.

QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 16, 2011 -> 01:41 PM)
If the salaries are even, I'd take Rios over DeJesus. Better D, more power.

If you could knock off the 2 terrible years out of the last 3 for Rios, sure. The .613 OPS last year though and .691 OPS in 2009, with only a .791 OPS sandwiched between...while in a hitters park to boot...makes me say...eh...

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Nov 16, 2011 -> 03:27 PM)
sooo what happens if we rebuild and dunn, rios, and beckham all have bounce back years but we fall short because we traded/let go of buehrle, danks, and or floyd and our pitching is turrable??? Do we blame kenny or since thats what we all want itll be all good??? just a thought

If Dunn, Rios, and Beckham have bounceback years, we should do whatever is within our power to try to trade Dunn and Rios. This includes letting them go if claimed on waivers.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Nov 16, 2011 -> 02:27 PM)
sooo what happens if we rebuild and dunn, rios, and beckham all have bounce back years but we fall short because we traded/let go of buehrle, danks, and or floyd and our pitching is turrable??? Do we blame kenny or since thats what we all want itll be all good??? just a thought

We'd get pitching at the deadline if we needed it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 01:41 AM)
DeJesus is pretty lousy.

Yeah he was last season. Even then, he was better than Rios, much better I may add. DeJesus has a career .356 OBP. He's well worth the risk.

Even in a down year last season, he had a .323 OBP and played good defense in RF. Considering he played half of his games in Oakland, that's not as bad as it really seems.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 16, 2011 -> 11:54 AM)
Kevin_Goldstein Kevin Goldstein

The White Sox have resigned LHP Leyson Septimo, who still throws very very hard and doesn't really do much else.

Ha.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 16, 2011 -> 12:13 PM)
He sounds like a Roman Emperor...got that going for him.

Ha.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Nov 16, 2011 -> 02:27 PM)

If that happens, I'll chalk it up to those three only being able to perform on teams with no expectations. Hell, I already believe that about two of them.

Not gonna start a topic on this as not really Sox related.. but

Dave Marintez, Sandy Alomar Jr.. few interviews, not even one of them got a vacant managerial position. Thoughts?

I mean, you read SoxTalk in September and they were treated as the second coming of Jesus H. Christ..

ChuckGarfien Chuck Garfien

Just learned that the first cut of movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off was 2 hours and 45 minutes. I want outtakes!

ChuckGarfien Chuck Garfien

John Hughes wanted baseball scene from Ferris Bueller's Day Off shot at Comiskey Park, not Wrigley, but needed day game.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Nov 18, 2011 -> 12:47 AM)
Not gonna start a topic on this as not really Sox related.. but

Dave Marintez, Sandy Alomar Jr.. few interviews, not even one of them got a vacant managerial position. Thoughts?

I mean, you read SoxTalk in September and they were treated as the second coming of Jesus H. Christ..

Well, the Red Sox still haven't filled their manager spot yet, right?

And the Cubs hired someone with bench coaching experience, right?