2011-12 White Sox off season catch all thread

southsider2k5

Maybe there's a "Greg Curse" like the infamous SI curse.

Jenks almost died this past offseason (pulmonary embolism), Juan Pierre wasn't exactly a highly-sought after commodity, DeWayne Wise is close to being out of baseball...that doesn't bode well for Ozzie in Miami.

Well, one thing will interesting right out of the gate. Since nobody really cares about Jenks anymore (nor gives KW credit for cutting him loose...as they're probably looking back in retrospect and arguing we should have dealt him after the 2008 season), we'll have the ubiquitous Santos/Reed/Thornton comparisons to fuel threads for the first couple of months of the season.

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 24, 2012 -> 05:37 PM)
This is where I defend Ozzie and praise him and everybody says they are sick of me talking about Ozzie.

A fact is a fact. Last year Ozzie was looking for greener (read more $) pastures and for himself. Period. Good luck to him, but I'm glad he's not in the Sox dugout now.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 24, 2012 -> 07:47 PM)
Maybe there's a "Greg Curse" like the infamous SI curse.

Jenks almost died this past offseason (pulmonary embolism), Juan Pierre wasn't exactly a highly-sought after commodity, DeWayne Wise is close to being out of baseball...that doesn't bode well for Ozzie in Miami.

Well, one thing will interesting right out of the gate. Since nobody really cares about Jenks anymore (nor gives KW credit for cutting him loose...as they're probably looking back in retrospect and arguing we should have dealt him after the 2008 season), we'll have the ubiquitous Santos/Reed/Thornton comparisons to fuel threads for the first couple of months of the season.

Great post and excellent point about giving KW credit for knowing when to cut Bobby loose.

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Feb 26, 2012 -> 09:31 AM)
Great post and excellent point about giving KW credit for knowing when to cut Bobby loose.

Jenks should have been cut loose the year before. I'll say Theo doesn't get much blame for signing him. Just a terrible move.

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Feb 26, 2012 -> 09:31 AM)

Everybody except Greg knew when to cut Bobby loose. He was bad in 2010 and didn't deserve $12 million.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 24, 2012 -> 12:52 PM)
I mainly just agree with those who say the team will suck then I add a few shots on Dunn, Rios, Peavy and Kenny. I rarely bring it up, I just pile on.

So what you've just admitted is that you are a worthless poster who agrees with the majority and tosses in a pot-shot whenever you possibly can.

I applaud you.

Wed, two short squad games, Dodgers on THUR and the Royals on FRI.

Funny question from my SAT review book I'm using with students here in CHINA.

Although the Chicago White Sox win more often than the Chicago Cubs, Chicago residents, who are historically avid baseball fans, prefer the Cubs.

A. Although the Chicago White Sox win more often than the Chicago Cubs, Chicago residents, who are historically avid baseball fans, prefer the Cubs. (NO CHANGE)

Edited by caulfield12

I'm probably alone, but if Peavy wants to talk about being a leader and making 30 starts, truck him out there opening day and let him set the tone. We don't really have a true #1 anyway and you are only a #1 starters once maybe twice during the year.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 04:41 AM)
I'm probably alone, but if Peavy wants to talk about being a leader and making 30 starts, truck him out there opening day and let him set the tone. We don't really have a true #1 anyway and you are only a #1 starters once maybe twice during the year.

Good point, take the pressure of Danks and his new contract by letting Peavy start opening day in Texas. Put up Jake.

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 08:29 AM)
Good point, take the pressure of Danks and his new contract by letting Peavy start opening day in Texas. Put up Jake.

Hell, I'm still half at the point where I want Peavy to earn a spot in the rotation, let alone the opening day start.