2011 ALDS Tampa Bay Rays vs. Texas Rangers Thread

Brian

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm seriously thinking about going to Texas and kidnapping Longoria for a few days so the Rays can get eliminated therefore we can go about the business of hiring Mr. Martinez.

Screw the "great baseball story Rays", I couldn't care less.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 12:05 AM)
I'm seriously thinking about going to Texas and kidnapping Longoria for a few days so the Rays can get eliminated therefore we can go about the business of hiring Mr. Martinez.

Screw the "great baseball story Rays", I couldn't care less.

i agree. you dont want them advancing and then the red sox settle the gm situation,as someone mentioned, and then martinez goes to boston or the cubs. hope texas holds on to the lead

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 03:51 PM)
Adrian Beltre is some kinda player. Have the Rangers, like, done anything wrong since Nolan Ryan became team president?

Other than giving Chris Davis way too many ABs in the majors, no. You look at moves like Colby Lewis, who was pitching in Japan or finding Alexi Ogando after his visa issues. Very impressive.

Still gotta give the Rays major props too. With their low payroll & lack of any fan support (not even a sellout today), it is very impressive that they have made the playoffs 3 times in 4 seasons while competing with NYY & BOS.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 04:26 PM)
Other than giving Chris Davis way too many ABs in the majors, no. You look at moves like Colby Lewis, who was pitching in Japan or finding Alexi Ogando after his visa issues. Very impressive.

Still gotta give the Rays major props too. With their low payroll & lack of any fan support (not even a sellout today), it is very impressive that they have made the playoffs 3 times in 4 seasons while competing with NYY & BOS.

I guess you could say not resigning Lee. But that was A LOT more Lee than Texas. And here they are in the ALCS again, anyway.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 02:51 PM)
Adrian Beltre is some kinda player. Have the Rangers, like, done anything wrong since Nolan Ryan became team president?

Hmm...I seem to remember advocating this as a great signing...;)

Of course, we'll have to see how he does in years 4 and 5 of that contract...

Sure would have been nice had we signed Beltre instead of Dunn...but then again, if I am going to take credit for my good predictions, I also have to man up for my bad ones...and that would have included letting PK walk...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 04:50 PM)
Hmm...I seem to remember advocating this as a great signing...;)

Of course, we'll have to see how he does in years 4 and 5 of that contract...

Sure would have been nice had we signed Beltre instead of Dunn...but then again, if I am going to take credit for my good predictions, I also have to man up for my bad ones...and that would have included letting PK walk...

Yeah, I still don't like that contract in '14 and '15. There was the 'he only produces in contract years' perception. That's been debunked. Just a really, really good baseball player.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 05:05 PM)
Yeah, I still don't like that contract in '14 and '15. There was the 'he only produces in contract years' perception. That's been debunked. Just a really, really good baseball player.

Everyone in Seattle vehemently disagrees.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 05:12 PM)
Let them. Beltre was one of the best players at his position for the duration of his time there. Yeah, he never put up '04 numbers. But blame management for expecting numbers like that at Safeco.

Yeah, I know he was barely worth the contract, of course. However, he greatly underplayed expectations. Everywhere since then he's been a complete monster.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 05:42 PM)
lol. How can you possibly hate Tampa?

I took a disliking to them when they ran over us in 08 and their fans don't even care enough to sell out their park come playoff time so SCREW THEM!!!