2011 NLDS St. Louis Cardinals vs. Philadelphia Phillies Thread

Brian

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to bet on the Phillies to close it out tonight and go over the total...Phi -120 and over 7.5

Edwin, I love you man...but I don't trust you so much against this lineup...

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 01:39 PM)
Going to bet on the Phillies to close it out tonight and go over the total...Phi -120 and over 7.5

Yeah, this going to be tough. But remember Edwin usual is either really good or really bad. Cards need good Edwin to show up. I am rooting for the Cards in this one. Enough ex-White Sox factors in there: Edwin Jackson, Tony LaRussa, Dotel. And Cubs' nemesis! And would like to see a STL-MIL series rematch. Just like '82. lol! Oh wait they are in the same league. nevermind! haha!

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 03:41 PM)
Yeah, this going to be tough. But remember Edwin usual is either really good or really bad. Cards need good Edwin to show up. I am rooting for the Cards in this one. Enough ex-White Sox factors in there: Edwin Jackson, Tony LaRussa, Dotel. And Cubs' nemesis! And would like to see a STL-MIL series rematch. Just like '82. lol! Oh wait they are in the same league. nevermind! haha!

OK, this is bulls*** now. Elrockin clearly has two accounts and is being f***ing ridiculous. This needs to be dealt (did I spell that right) with or I will create 40 new accounts and wreak havoc.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 06:52 PM)
David Freese >>> Roy Oswalt

Wow! Could this be Oswalt first postseason LOSS! YES, IT IS! We beat the Astros in the games that he started but we didn't pin a Loss on him. We pinned a LOSS on that ugly , freakly looking dude.

Well, anyways..nice job by Jackson. Dotel too. Good reliever selection by LaRussa....now onto Game 5.

Edited by sunofgold

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 02:39 PM)

Fail! :)

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 08:39 AM)
Only a half-fail...he did hit the over! :P

I should've bolded the last part of iamshack's post, it was his statement of not trusting EJax vs Phillie's line-up that my fail comment was aimed at.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 07:55 AM)
Fail! :)

Yep...should have gone with my own sentiments back when he was on our team...I did say several times that I thought Jackson would be a dangerous starter to have in the playoffs.

I knew I was f***ed when he started locating his breaking stuff immediately following the first two runs crossing the plate...

Oh well, I definitely knew their was a chance we could see the dominant Jackson as opposed to the inconsistent one.

And yeah, I've been really off so far for the baseball postseason. I should have waited til the LCS, as I seem to do much better betting that for whatever reason.

Edited by iamshack