Angels GM Reagins resigns

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (MAX @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 04:46 PM)
This has to be the most coveted gm job in basbeall that is open.

Eh, not so fast.

http://scott-miller.blogs.cbssports.com/mc...270335/32393820

The Los Angeles Angels of Desperationville didn't fire a general manager on Friday, they canned an executive secretary.

Everybody knows that owner Arte Moreno and manager Mike Scioscia -- and Moreno and Scioscia alone -- run the Angels.

Tony Reagins?

Somebody's gotta phone the agents and other general managers, take notes, collect information and make sure Moreno and Scioscia have enough of it to make their decisions.

That man was Reagins, a nice guy who was both badly overmatched and uncomfortable in the gig from Day One.

Now, somebody else will take the notes, make the calls and bring the information to Moreno and Scioscia so they can gather the information they need to take the Angels wherever they go from here.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 02:07 AM)
If that is true and Reagins really didn't have control over personnel decisions, then why did he get canned?

Even the article you're replying to says he was overmatched as Scioscia's personal assistant. If nothing else, why not have a dissenting baseball voice in that chair when someone suggests bringing in Vernon Wells?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 08:55 AM)
Every fan base has them.

Of course I know that...I know at least one person related to this site who has their season tickets ;). Still...I don't feel like I've ever seen the Angels successfully marketing to them. They've tried...like when they changed their name to LAA and launched ad campaigns downtown...but they still seem like an intelligent fanbase with a good club and good ballpark.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 07:58 AM)
Of course I know that...I know at least one person related to this site who has their season tickets ;). Still...I don't feel like I've ever seen the Angels successfully marketing to them. They've tried...like when they changed their name to LAA and launched ad campaigns downtown...but they still seem like an intelligent fanbase with a good club and good ballpark.

That doesn't stop the need to appease the fans who think certain people are the problem