Omar Vizquel not happy....

JoshPR

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 08:13 AM)
I don't blame him for being upset, he has shown us what kind of playing time he needs to be a better player, and Ozzie didn't give it to him.

Guillen deserves blame for no playoff appearances the last three years. The last thing he deserves blame for however is not playing Vizquel enough last year.

Now hear this: Omar Vizquel is still a good player and team mate. But, he is a role player now. I understand any professional player wants to play, but as a bench player it isn't going to happen a lot. That it is all!

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 08:34 AM)
Let's ask this another way.

Anyone here want to step up and say that Omar earned more playing time than he got?

Maybe...maybe, you can tell me that giving Beckham a week or two off would have helped him. Morel was basically hitting exactly where Vizquel would have been hitting most of the year...except we saw the benefits of playing him more in September. Maybe Alexei needed a little more rest somewhere, but Omar definitely shouldn't have been playing in front of Alexei.

Unless you're telling me that Beckham could have benefited from a week or two off...where did Vizquel deserve more playing time @?

the point of a sub isn't to hit better than the starter. It is to rest the starter and optimize their numbers. It is also to have a guy ready if you need someone else to play.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 11:51 AM)
the point of a sub isn't to hit better than the starter. It is to rest the starter and optimize their numbers. It is also to have a guy ready if you need someone else to play.

Which starter did not get enough rest?

And no where in the article does it say that he wants to be the starter. People are making a bunch of assumptions that are not supported by the article. But I know it is unpopular to suggest that Ozzie mishandled the lineups. If there was one thing that Oz did very well was make certain the guys on the field were ready and gave the team the best chance to win. :lolhitting