All Managers are the Same

greg775

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 09:55 PM)
2.) I'm glad you guys remember so many of my points. I take that as a compliment. If I didn't get under your skin with my sometime logical arguments, you wouldn't be so upset as to remember my position on things. My ludicrous arguments sure get quoted a lot on here. I consider that a moral victory.

You have three points, not hard to keep track of.

1) Managers don't effect games.

2) Florida will string off multiple championships, because their young manager will...effect games?

3) Bobby and Dye are the exact same players today as in '05.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 11:33 AM)
Look up the word contraceptive in the dictionary and it shows a google street view of greg's house in Lawrence, Kansas.

It's all about the players but for some reason the only way the Marlins will win multiple titles is because of their new manager.

Unbelievable

fixed for accuracy?

i kid i kid......

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 05:39 AM)
You have three points, not hard to keep track of.

1) Managers don't effect games.

2) Florida will string off multiple championships, because their young manager will...effect games?

3) Bobby and Dye are the exact same players today as in '05.

3.) that's a flatout falsehood. I stood up for Dye in his final season, though, as well as Bob's final season. Bobby wasn't the problem that year, BTW. He had a stretch where he rattled off about 20 or so in a row. It actually was a bit similar to Sergio's season. Sergio blew six saves, too.

2.) Yes he will be in the Hall of Fame. He only needs one more WS title to accomplish that imo.

1.) I told you I look at the big picture in terms of managers. All managers call for the same type crap. Bunts, deciding whether or not to walk a guy, choice of relief pitchers. And everybody this postseason has been exposed for making some mistakes just like Oz.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 08:03 PM)
1.) I told you I look at the big picture in terms of managers. All managers call for the same type crap. Bunts, deciding whether or not to walk a guy, choice of relief pitchers. And everybody this postseason has been exposed for making some mistakes just like Oz.

All managers do not call for the same number of bunts. You keep pointing out that Hamilton I believe bunted down a lot of runs, but it wasn't a freaking sacrifice attempt. Stop trying to spin every article out there to support what little evidence you have about your feelings on Ozzie.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 07:09 PM)
All managers do not call for the same number of bunts. You keep pointing out that Hamilton I believe bunted down a lot of runs, but it wasn't a freaking sacrifice attempt. Stop trying to spin every article out there to support what little evidence you have about your feelings on Ozzie.

If Jeter hits that ball 3 more feet then I'm sure Leyland is a bum to most of that fanbase.

ARod goes 2for17 in the series and I'm sure many are pissed at Girardi.

It's all about the players.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 03:03 AM)
If Jeter hits that ball 3 more feet then I'm sure Leyland is a bum to most of that fanbase.

ARod goes 2for17 in the series and I'm sure many are pissed at Girardi.

It's all about the players.

But the Marlins will win the WS because Ozzie is a Hall of Fame manager