Is Carlos Quentin going to be on this team in 2012?

sunofgold

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 10:51 AM)
If he is having a good year I woud keep CQ. We need power in our line up and CQ provides that and he also provides the hard charging emotion that I think Robin Ventura provided as a player. Quiet and determined. Trade CQ without repalcing that intangible as well as the tangible and this team continues to falter. There is nobody in our system that I am aware of that can provide the bat CQ has and we would lose with a trade. Trade him and you just open up another hole.

If that intangible was so valuable, it sure didn't come through on the 2009-2011 teams.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 02:55 PM)
If that intangible was so valuable, it sure didn't come through on the 2009-2011 teams.

I would argue that this is what is wrong with our evaluations: it is a blame game and we settle for any easy tartget. We know CQ played hurt and that affected his game and so he must be what's wrong with this team and why it didn't win. When healthy he contributes and we need the power bat. Some call for the trade of CQ, but offer no alternative then to keep non performers because we pay them a lot of money. I think if people who get paid to perform and then don't we bite the bullet and get rid of them not someone like Quentin et al.

I still think that TCQ hasn't peaked yet. I think that his numbers are solid already. And would like to have a middle of the order of: TCQ, PK, and The Tank.

Rios could be benched. Outfield should be Tank in LF (the new Carlos Lee), DeAza in CF, and TCQ in RF. Rios as our backup OF. Lillibridge showed that he could play OF, but he also can play 1B and some infield.

QUOTE (toasty @ Oct 8, 2011 -> 09:21 PM)
If there's a market for TCQ while he's quasi healthy, he needs to go. He's too much made of glass

Agreed. Teams looking for a corner power outfielder would talk to the Sox. Look for teams like ATL to do so.

I would hope he is gone. He is not a RFer. He is the IR list waiting to happen, every year, and is a salary eater. Even if he is only worth a couple of single A scrubs, at least his departure would open a spot for young talent, no matter what that source might be. Sticking DH types in RF ( see Jermaine Dye ) is a bad solution to a bad plan.