Konerko talks with AZ happened in August

southsider2k5

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 02:01 PM)
The news still ticks me off that KW would think about selling off our team CPT

Remember that just about anybody can be and usually is put on waivers. Just because someone is claimed doesn't mean he'll get traded (obviously). What if AZ had claimed Konerko and offered a package that couldn't be turned down?

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 08:07 PM)
Remember that just about anybody can be and usually is put on waivers. Just because someone is claimed doesn't mean he'll get traded (obviously). What if AZ had claimed Konerko and offered a package that couldn't be turned down?

Completely understanding your logic, but maybe we shoud have put Kenny Williams on waivers first?

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 02:07 PM)

Kenny submitted a list of who he wanted to Arizona. That is a step past Arizona just making an offer. You don't do that unless you are actually willing to move the guy.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 07:01 PM)
The news still ticks me off that KW would think about selling off our team CPT

Are you kidding? That would have been a brilliant trade if he could have gotten Goldschmidt to go along with some of the great pitching the Diamondbacks have in their minor league system.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 02:10 PM)
Are you kidding? That would have been a brilliant trade if he could have gotten Goldschmidt to go along with some of the great pitching the Diamondbacks have in their minor league system.

Konerko understands the business, and if he were traded for an awesome package he'd understand. Captain or no captain, if you can get some good, young talent, you do it.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 02:13 PM)
Konerko understands the business, and if he were traded for an awesome package he'd understand. Captain or no captain, if you can get some good, young talent, you do it.

And I heard he has a 16,000 sq ft. home in Scottsdale, so he would be heading home. He thought about going to AZ last offseason anyway, so I doubt he would be too upset.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 02:13 PM)

The interview with PK showed he understood that. And if Kenny wasn't at all willing to deal him, he would have just pulled him off of waivers and not talked to the Dbacks at all.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 08:10 PM)
I'm so sick of these type of comments derailing legitimate threads.

Don't be- I am just acknowledging other people have ideas and thoughts too and all should be respected. My comments and others like these are just as legitimate as your or anyone elses. Fathom am I to gather from your comment that these posts aren't done for anything more than to state one mans opinion and then blindly follow? I am crushed but I accept and respect your opinion and right to post it

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 06:14 PM)
Don't be- I am just acknowledging other people have ideas and thoughts too and all should be respected. My comments and others like these are just as legitimate as your or anyone elses. Fathom am I to gather from your comment that these posts aren't done for anything more than to state one mans opinion and then blindly follow? I am crushed but I accept and respect your opinion and right to post it

Post what you want to post. *shrug*

Everybody won't like it and that's fine.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 10:14 PM)

I have no problem with everyone posting their own opinion, but posting in a thread about Konerko on waivers how "KW should be placed on waivers" just derails the thread. No beef with you personally though elrockin.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 02:09 PM)
Kenny submitted a list of who he wanted to Arizona. That is a step past Arizona just making an offer. You don't do that unless you are actually willing to move the guy.

It would be interesting to see the list, to see if there was actually a chance AZ would say yes. Just about any other team, Reading the article, any other team other than AZ, even if they agree, Paulie probably uses his no trade rights.