KW: Joe Cowley a Liar

SouthSideTeacher

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 10:30 AM)
I heard KW with Pat on WGN this morning and was like: wow.

Man what is it with Cowley and Ozzie/KW? Is Ozzie paying him?

I read the Cowley column and he kept quoting "major league sources" and all I could think of was: WHAT major league sources? Who outside of the Sox would know WTF is going on between Ozzie/Coop/KW?

That said, Coop has been the one guy throughout all this that has been... consistent. His work speaks for itself.

Read any Cowley column. He never says who his sources are. That's because it's the same couple of people every time. It's blatantly obvious.

This is what I said in the Ventura thread, but I think it fits here.

LOL, could this be any more obvious to anyone?

“Coop is obviously now the GM, assistant GM, manager and pitching coach the way he’s been acting the last few weeks,” a member of the organization said late last week.

-Ozzie Jr.

A major-league coach outside the organization took it a step further Wednesday, saying the idea of all these rumored candidates floating out there “was complete BS. None of the candidates being mentioned even wanted a job where the pitching coach was going to have more years and maybe even more money than them.”

-Ozzie or Cora (probably Ozzie)

Another Sox source said there was a reason former manager Ozzie Guillen sent Cooper a text on the first of the two days he managed that read, “You finally got what you wanted.” It’s because by the time Guillen finally figured out who the Judas was, it was too late. The wheels were in motion.

-Oney

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 10:41 AM)
This is what I said in the Ventura thread, but I think it fits here.

LOL, could this be any more obvious to anyone?

-Ozzie Jr.

-Ozzie or Cora (probably Ozzie)

-Oney

One problem with the above is that Ozzie Jr wasn't a "member of the organization" late last week, but I don't disagree that the Guillens feed the beast.

So you had a GM and Manager that hated each other, a Manager and a pitching coach that didn't trust each other, and players that were pissed about all the drama going on? I am definitely excited for a new era of White Sox baseball with the focus is on the field and not off of it.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 10:44 AM)
One problem with the above is that Ozzie Jr wasn't a "member of the organization" late last week, but I don't disagree that the Guillens feed the beast.

He's not still officially one of the Spanish announcers? And even if not, we don't know when those quotes were taken.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 10:46 AM)
So you had a GM and Manager that hated each other, a Manager and a pitching coach that didn't trust each other, and players that were pissed about all the drama going on? I am definitely excited for a new era of White Sox baseball with the focus is on the field and not off of it.

This.

Imagine how the team could have performed this year if everyone was on the same page.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 10:50 AM)
Is there any doubt now that some of the moves made during the season by Ozzie were to try and put the spotlight on Kenny (ie: having Dunn ph in 9th inning)?

There is no doubt in my mind they both spent the summer trying to hang each other. None.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 11:46 AM)

Really...Robin Ventura being added to the Kenny Williams mix suggests to you that the focus will be back "On the field an d not off it"?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 10:53 AM)
Really...Robin Ventura being added to the Kenny Williams mix suggests to you that the focus will be back "On the field an d not off it"?

Putting a guy on the bench who totally focused on the game while he played it versus a guy who never met a camera he didn't dry hump? I have no doubt that the focus will be back on the field, because there won't be the stupidity going on off of it. Ventura hated dealing with the media, and has always been an intensely private person. There won't be anything else to talk about, except what happens on the field.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 10:55 AM)
The dysfunctionality of the White Sox under Ozzie getting exposed. Great! Have fun Loria and Marlin fans....and good riddance to Ozzie and his entire circus of a family.

It's unfortunate the other half is still here making "bold" decisions hiring gutty guys like Ventura with no experience nor idea how to handle a Major League ballclub.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 10:58 AM)
It's unfortunate the other half is still here making "bold" decisions hiring gutty guys like Ventura with no experience nor idea how to handle a Major League ballclub.

I blame it on JR and his ridiculous level of loyalty.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 04:55 PM)
Putting a guy on the bench who totally focused on the game while he played it versus a guy who never met a camera he didn't dry hump? I have no doubt that the focus will be back on the field, because there won't be the stupidity going on off of it. Ventura hated dealing with the media, and has always been an intensely private person. There won't be anything else to talk about, except what happens on the field.

Well said!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 04:58 PM)

True, but I do think it's pretty valid to assume a more disciplined organization with ozzie gone.