KW: Joe Cowley a Liar

SouthSideTeacher

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 12:27 PM)
"as a journalist, my job is to tell the truth"... then went on to say since he was "cut off" from one side, he told the "truth" from the other side.

He shoudl just say he's Ozzies b**** boy and get it over with. All of his peers hate him because of his crap and now finally the small number of readers are seeing the truth.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 12:27 PM)
"as a journalist, my job is to tell the truth"... then went on to say since he was "cut off" from one side, he told the "truth" from the other side.

It's not true if it's distorted. The idea of journalism, or writing in general, is to get both sides of the story. If you only have one side, that's bad journalism. You might as well stop writing.

One thing is for certain; the Sox will be a more successful organization with all of the management pulling in the same direction.

I've been a huge critic of KW's moves. But, I'm beginning to wonder how much of a distraction Ozzie was to Kenny over the last few years. I know that he was distracting to the players because Konerko and others have said as much.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 01:25 PM)
You should. Your only argument is that the guy hasnt managed and so he hasnt done manager type things as a manager. You know what, there are plenty of better options out there then with your criteria, I bet Jerry Manuel would like a job again. Was Bob Brenly a better option? I am sick and tired of failed manager retreads, this hire was outside the box yet people actually in the baseball industry are saying it was a good hire. I bet fans on a message board have alot more exposure to Robin's history and demeanor than those people.

Let me ask you this...if we come up with several people in the "baseball industry" who are shocked/stunned by this hire and openly question it, would that mean that you'd have to judge it as a bad hire?

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 12:29 PM)
"cooper was fighting to save his own ass"

Yeah, they were totally going to fire the most successful coach on the White Sox staff. Cooper's been a huge part of whatever success we've had in the past decade, but yeah, he definitely needed to have his ass saved.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 12:30 PM)
Yeah, they were totally going to fire the most successful coach on the White Sox staff. Cooper's been a huge part of whatever success we've had in the past decade, but yeah, he definitely needed to have his ass saved.

Cowley basically said since the team was sinking Cooper went behind Ozzie to make sure he was safe when the rest of the staff got canned. IMO, Cooper was never in trouble... he was DENIED permission to talk to the Yanks, the Sox value him that much.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 12:29 PM)
Let me ask you this...if we come up with several people in the "baseball industry" who are shocked/stunned by this hire and openly question it, would that mean that you'd have to judge it as a bad hire?

If someone who played with Robin comes out and says he'll be a terrible manager, sure. Find it.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 12:28 PM)
It's not true if it's distorted. The idea of journalism, or writing in general, is to get both sides of the story. If you only have one side, that's bad journalism. You might as well stop writing.

Or at least to honestly portray the one side, instead of in the worst possible light because you are personally pissed off at the other side for cutting you out.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 12:32 PM)
Cowley basically said since the team was sinking Cooper went behind Ozzie to make sure he was safe when the rest of the staff got canned. IMO, Cooper was never in trouble... he was DENIED permission to talk to the Yanks, the Sox value him that much.

And let's not forget that not only did Ozzie go ask for an extension, he asked for a raise, and he asked for his boss to get fired, plus he did most of that in public. if Cooper did ask for a deal, he did way less than Ozzie ever did.