KW: Joe Cowley a Liar

SouthSideTeacher

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate that Cowley has turned himself into the story. AGAIN.

This is his dying breath as a White Sox columnist in this town. His gravy-train is in Miami, and the only stories he'll have to tell will be stories of the Ozzie-days, including this one that he "broke" today.

Either way, this organization is becoming more of a joke by the day. We all knew the Ozzie divorce wouldn't be pretty, but really, the house should have been cleaned, Hahn should have been promoted, and Hahn should have made the hiring decision.

This becomes more clear by the nanosecond.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 12:39 PM)
He worked under Jay Mariotti and learned his trade. There really isn't much more that can be said.

Get yourself thrown out of locker rooms and cut off from almost all sources and then use that to justify your s***ty fact-free "journalism"

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 12:41 PM)
Coop calls Cowley a liar, but Coop did go to Williams for a contract extension.

Cooper said he asked Rick Hahn first. With Cowley's credibility, I'm more than willing to believe Coop instead.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 12:43 PM)
I'll be honest, Cowley didn't come across bad in that interview. Cooper confirming the two parts of that story are going to add to Cowley stating he's telling the truth.

I think the real beef is Cowley saying Cooper was a ring leader in getting Ozzie fired.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 12:40 PM)
I hate that Cowley has turned himself into the story. AGAIN.

This is his dying breath as a White Sox columnist in this town. His gravy-train is in Miami, and the only stories he'll have to tell will be stories of the Ozzie-days, including this one that he "broke" today.

Either way, this organization is becoming more of a joke by the day. We all knew the Ozzie divorce wouldn't be pretty, but really, the house should have been cleaned, Hahn should have been promoted, and Hahn should have made the hiring decision.

This becomes more clear by the nanosecond.

Another thing about Cowardley that bothers me most is he isn't even the White Sox beat guy, Van Schouwen is. Cowardley was supposed to be the Cubs guy this year but I am sure once the CST realized Cowardley has no actual journalistic qualities to get a good story, they had him working the Guillen kids all year for info and basically became a White Sox beat guy again.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 12:41 PM)
Coop calls Cowley a liar, but Coop did go to Williams for a contract extension.

Because.... the GM (not the manager) is the person who is responsible for negotiating contracts?

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (dmbjeff @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 12:46 PM)
Another thing about Cowardley that bothers me most is he isn't even the White Sox beat guy, Van Schouwen is. Cowardley was supposed to be the Cubs guy this year but I am sure once the CST realized Cowardley has no actual journalistic qualities to get a good story, they had him working the Guillen kids all year for info and basically became a White Sox beat guy again.

lol was Cowley really supposed to be the Cubs beat writer? I remember he was making fun of the Cubs before the season saying they had no chance and that all Cubs fans should convert to Sox fans.

QUOTE (dmbjeff @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 12:46 PM)

False

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 12:55 PM)
lol was Cowley really supposed to be the Cubs beat writer? I remember he was making fun of the Cubs before the season saying they had no chance and that all Cubs fans should convert to Sox fans.

Nope. He's just a columnist now, he isn't on a beat.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 12:57 PM)
Curious reply by Coop to the question of was he telling Williams what was being said in the clubhouse. "What was I saying that wasn't in the paper?" Not exactly a denial from Coop. You could see where this might tick people off.

He could have just read it on twitter...

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 01:07 PM)
People keep saying this. Am I missing something? I thought Ozzie chose to leave.

It's a little bit of both really. Many, including KW, wanted him out, and once Ozzie found out he wasnt getting an extension he asked to leave. Semantically, he was released, but in reality he was let go.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 01:08 PM)
It's a little bit of both really. Many, including KW, wanted him out, and once Ozzie found out he wasnt getting an extension he asked to leave. Semantically, he was released, but in reality he was let go.

But he could have stayed for 2012 - just without an extension and on his last year, right?

You really gotta give it to Ozzie...he played Cowley like a $5 hooker...using his and Cowley's need for notoriety as his mouthpiece. It's actually kind of pathetic that Cowley bought into it with Ozzie deflecting what an ass Ozzie really was/is onto Cowley.