KW: Joe Cowley a Liar

SouthSideTeacher

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 12:57 PM)
Curious reply by Coop to the question of was he telling Williams what was being said in the clubhouse. "What was I saying that wasn't in the paper?" Not exactly a denial from Coop. You could see where this might tick people off.

Curious article by Cowley since he's talking about another teams manager instead of our recently hired one.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 01:39 PM)
Dan Bernstein

Great stuff on Mac & @MattSpiegel670 with @cst_Cowley just now. KW hinting at lawsuits, but he'd be crazy to invite sworn depositions.

Crazy to invite sworn depositions. Maybe Bernstein knows some things that Cowley does to.

Or maybe it would be crazy to invite sworn depositions of the high-level conversations and the inner workings of any major corporation.

Give me a break.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 12:46 PM)
Of course KW would be CRAZY to take this stuff to court. With some of the things that have gone on with Kenny, he needs to just drop this whole thing with Cowley and move on with Ventura.

I'm sure they are going to look into some kind of libel charges or whatever.

From what I understand, Kenny has a few skeletons in his closet, but let's be realistic...just about EVERY person who has occupied a position of power in a major corporation has skeletons in their closet. When the stakes reach a certain point, stuff happens and people do things that would harm them personally, their families, and their organization if it were known publicly.

They'll most likely try and put a scare into Cowley to get him to soften his vindictive nature a bit.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 07:46 PM)
Of course KW would be CRAZY to take this stuff to court. With some of the things that have gone on with Kenny, he needs to just drop this whole thing with Cowley and move on with Ventura.

frankly, the lawsuit itself will cost so much money to the sun times which they wouldn't want. It wouldn't even matter if they went thru with it.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 12:48 PM)
Cooper confirmed a lot of what Cowley wrote today, then he called him a liar? Crazy stuff.

What crazy f***ing twisted world do you live in?...really. Confirmed?!? Jesus Christ...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 01:49 PM)
Again, it is obvious that Cooper was referring to the idea that he was going behind Ozzies back to get him fired.

Whoever Cowley talked to felt that was the case. He said none of the Guillen's were his sources. I'm guessing some of them were the departed coaches. I'd like to know who his source is in the front office.

So I guess this never going away. Ozzie is happy in Miami, yet Cowley keeps bringing up things of the past. Cooper was responsible for this or that. Why can't he just drop it or move to Miami. I thought this soap opera would be over with already.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 01:58 PM)
Whoever Cowley talked to felt that was the case. He said none of the Guillen's were his sources. I'm guessing some of them were the departed coaches. I'd like to know who his source is in the front office.

you're a f***ing lunatic or Cowley at this point. I'm not sure which is worse

From here it does look like what Cowley wrote is at least partially true. Coop didn't exactly refute anything in the interview and sounded pretty defensive the whole time to me. I don't particularly care, either way. I'd just like the front office circus s*** to stop so the circus on the field can be concentrated on. Kenny should know better than to give a clown like Cowley what he wants.

The funniest thing to me is that the source of this mess - and no, we'll never know some of the things that have gone on - but at least publicly, if you go by what made OG/KW the most vocal and irate in the media...it really does seem to have been the most embarassingly petty stuff.

1) whose KID did or didn't get drafted in what slot

2) who's the one who did or didn't want Thome

The only eye-opening thing about the Cooper interview today is this clearer glimpse of just how ridiculously chaotic the organization has been this year. Makes you wonder why a fan would bother expending so much energy on a group that does not have its s*** together. Ozzie- very flawed individual. But to put it all on him is silly when the things you hear about KW inspire something far from confidence going forward.

QUOTE (SouthSideTeacher @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 07:52 AM)
This morning on WGN, Pat Tomasulo asked Kenny about today's Sun Times article portraying Cooper as a clubhouse snitch who was instrumental in getting rid of Ozzie.

KW's response--

"...It's... it's just wrong. But I'm not surprised because the gentleman that wrote the article, Joe Cowley, is just simply--if I'm being honest--a liar. And I can prove it from multiple multiple articles that he's written, and I'm looking into it actually to a greater degree because it's gotten to the point to where it's cast a shadow on us and it's unfair to a lot of people."

I have got no dog in this hunt, but for KW who has lied so many times in his tenure I have lost count is like saying pot meet kettle!

After listening to that interview I can see why Coop didn't get the job.

He's a wildman with that accent and edge.

I love his work and like his attitude but no way he could deal with the media twice a day.

You guys are right bout that one.