2011 NLCS: St. Louis Cardinals vs. Milwaukee Brewers

Milkman delivers

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty evenly matched teams, but the Brewers have to be favored with the home field. They are in great shape if they can figure out a way to win the first two, especially with how this series is aligned.

I hope the Brewers win. I find everything about them easy to like. The Cardinals, on the other hand, are incredibly easy to hate in every way other than the fact they've tortured the Cubs for the last 65 years or so.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Yes, this is the series that I wanted in the NL. Rematch of the 1982 World series even though it isnt' the World Series. lol!

Have to give LaRussa props. Never let his team quit just to win the wildcard. One day he uses six or seven pitchers to get the win and then the next game he uses one (Carp). ....while maybe that was a no-brainer.

I want the Brewers to win. Heck, one of these days Milwaukee might just be a suburb of Chicago. Some people live in Milwaukee now and commute to Chicagoland area for work. However, LaRussa gives the edge in the managing department.

But, maybe the KOTSAY factor will weigh in and help the Brewers win. lol! Jerry Hairston Jr (son of guess who)! Those are the only White Sox ex-factors that I see on the Milwaukee roster. For STL, Edwin Jackson and Dotel....LaRussa!

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 8, 2011 -> 11:21 AM)
I've said it before, but as much as I'd like to root for the Brewers, I feel like they would become unbearable and full of themselves if they won.

Right up until Prince signs with the Cubs (or really anyone, that'll kill any bragging rights really. Losing a superstar player)

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 8, 2011 -> 01:21 PM)
I've said it before, but as much as I'd like to root for the Brewers, I feel like they would become unbearable and full of themselves if they won.

You may be right, but Cubs fans will have to deal with that way more than us. Go Brew Crew.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 8, 2011 -> 01:21 PM)

They for sure would. And that's EXACTLY why I hope they win. The Cub fans get b****y enough about the arrogance of St. Louis, lets give them another team that chirps a lot to deal with!

Brewers are talking way too much before this series. Greinke calling out Carpenter for being "phony". lol! ST. Louis seems the more focused team right now. I still prefer the Brewers to win but I think that Cards have the edge in this series. They have been on a roll since end of season and they have more experience in this situation.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Oct 9, 2011 -> 03:00 PM)
Brewers are talking way too much before this series. Greinke calling out Carpenter for being "phony". lol! ST. Louis seems the more focused team right now. I still prefer the Brewers to win but I think that Cards have the edge in this series. They have been on a roll since end of season and they have more experience in this situation.

I don't think it's talking too much, I just think these teams are rivals and really hate each other that much. Just like when Fielder got hit after the Braun homer.

1-0 Brewers!

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Oct 8, 2011 -> 03:45 PM)
Harvey's Wallbangers! Remember them? Gorman Thomas, Ben Oglivie, Cecil Cooper. Maybe there were more, I forget. lol

And which beer do you like better? Busch Stadium or Miller Park?

Robin Yount, Paul Molitor, Rollie Fingers, Pete Vuckovich...

That was a team full of characters...

I don't care if te Brewers get big-headed if they win it all this year, like someone else posted, that'll be the Cubs' problem.

GO BREWERS!!!

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 9, 2011 -> 06:51 PM)
The Cardinals throwing at Fielder because they were pissy Braun hit a 9,000 foot home run typifies why I want the Brewers to win this series. All the Cardinals do is b**** and moan and get offended by everything. Good start tonight.

Tony = b****

Go Brew Crew!