2012 AL Central Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3-0 Indians again.

Huge error by Brennan Boesch followed by the first HR of the season by Michael Saunders, a laser beam down the RF line.

Would have been the third out of the inning had Boesch caught the ball, and a 0-0 game still.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 06:15 PM)
3-0 Indians again.

Huge error by Brennan Boesch followed by the first HR of the season by Michael Saunders, a laser beam down the RF line.

Would have been the third out of the inning had Boesch caught the ball, and a 0-0 game still.

Brantley.

Boesch singularly embodies the Tigers' collective collapse through the first third of the season. Many envisioned a breakout season for him in the No. 2 hole in the batting order with Miguel Cabrera and Prince Fielder following him. But during this home stand, Boesch is hitting .053 (1-for-19).

He couldn't get a ball out of the infield in four trips to the plate Wednesday. One barely crawled 6 inches in front of home plate.

He's screwed up offensively, and the Tigers can't screw around, with each loss making the next game more precious. They should send Boesch to Toledo once Austin Jackson returns from his injury rehab assignment in Toledo, perhaps as early as the final game of a weekend series at Cincinnati.

Make rookie Quintin Berry, who made another dazzling defensive play in center Wednesday, the everyday rightfielder. Boesch's roster spot is too valuable for a club scrambling for an emotional lift anywhere to waste it on a part-time designated hitter hoping to correct the flaws in his swing with extra time in the batting cage and limited at-bats.

Talk about your harsh beat writers. I can't remember a time when a Sox writer called for a player to be sent down to AAA or benched like Sharp just did here.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120607/COL0...ews|text|Sports

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 02:05 PM)
It would be funny (not really) if the Sox, Indians and Tigers all went 4-11 the next 15 interleague, and the division winner goes to the playoffs at 81-81. The "system isn't fair" people will go nuts.

While two 90+ win teams from the East/West play a one-game playoff for the wild card spot.

Tigers beat the Indians. So the Sox will enter interleague play in first place.

Next 15:

Sox --vs Hou, at Stl, at LA, vs Cubs, vs Mil

Cle --at Stl, at Cin, vs Pit, vs Cin, at Hou

Det --at Cin, at cubs, vs Col, vs Stl, at Pit

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 12:58 PM)
Tigers beat the Indians. So the Sox will enter interleague play in first place.

Next 15:

Sox --vs Hou, at Stl, at LA, vs Cubs, vs Mil

Cle --at Stl, at Cin, vs Pit, vs Cin, at Hou

Det --at Cin, at cubs, vs Col, vs Stl, at Pit

None of the teams really running through a gauntlet of the NL's best right there... Cincinnati is probably the best out of those teams and thankfully the Sox don't play them

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 03:05 PM)
None of the teams really running through a gauntlet of the NL's best right there... Cincinnati is probably the best out of those teams and thankfully the Sox don't play them

Cincy is better than the Dodgers?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 02:39 PM)
Minus Matt Kemp?

Exactly.

I know plenty of Dodgers fans here, already predicting they start falling apart soon...

Problem is facing Kershaw and Capuano in LA is an extremely tough match-up. Kinda like how Toronto isn't necessarily the best team in the AL, but I'd rather face the Rangers and face someone like Harrison than Toronto and Morrow.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 06:12 PM)
Problem is facing Kershaw and Capuano in LA is an extremely tough match-up. Kinda like how Toronto isn't necessarily the best team in the AL, but I'd rather face the Rangers and face someone like Harrison than Toronto and Morrow.

How about that, Chris Capuano is back and legit. Had no idea.

That Tigers game easily could have gone the other way had Berry not made a miraculous bases-loaded catch when he turned the wrong way on a ball blasted directly at and over his head.

That ball lands, the Tigers are down 8-7 (having blown a 7-1 lead) and they're in serious trouble.

They also had runners at 2nd and 3rd with only one out the following inning and escaped...Cabrera had a ball he should have thrown to 2nd for the force, he waited too long, missed the runner going for 3rd and almost ended up loading the bases except for the fact it was Marson running.

And Miguel's actually been a defensive surprise on the "plus" side of the ledger for them so far, all things considered.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 03:32 AM)
I'd actually prefer the Tigers get that one....I know in the long run they are probably the better team, but I don't want anyone getting too hot...I was happy with the way that series split.

Couldn't agree more with you...great post shack

Edited by fathom