2012 AL Central Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 10:32 PM)
I'd actually prefer the Tigers get that one....I know in the long run they are probably the better team, but I don't want anyone getting too hot...I was happy with the way that series split.

Yeah.

You actually worry with all the players the Indians have theoretically coming back in the coming weeks that they could start to believe (just like last year) they're going to be in it all the way to the end.

6-0 against the Tigers in the season series, including a sweep on the road...that would have been tough evidence to refute.

And Detroit, even being knocked to 7 games back, there's no way they won't make a run at some point. The Twins and White Sox were about that amount behind the Royals in 2003 at the ASB and quite quickly blew past KC.

It's only early June. Keeping first place feels good.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 3, 2012 -> 11:40 PM)
And someone at I-70 or whatever the Royals fan/blogsite is wants to trade him before he loses his value.

Because they have Butler, Hosmer, Moustakas, Gordon signed long term, Cain for CF (when healthy) and then Francouer in RF, and Dayton loves Frenchie!

I've never heard of that site until now. I'll have to check it out.

Ridiculous they say they would send Hosmer down. He's batting .303 on a 9-game hitting streak.

Things should get interesting this weekend against the Pirates.

Hochevar starts tomorrow.

Butler at 1st.

Hosmer in right.

Francoeur in center.

Also, Royals prospect Wil Myers hit a grand slam off Roy Oswalt tonight.

Myers' season totals: .335/.398/.718/1.125 with 21 homers and 55 RBI.

Top pitching prospect Jake Odorizzi also out-dueled Oswalt, 6.2 innings 2 hits 1 run 0 walks 10 strikeouts.

Edited by High Mileage

Chris Perez is a bit of a loud mouth douchebag.

I don't much care for him.

So, for those playing along at home: Valverde: Real Piece of s***. Perez: Loud Mouth D-Bag.

Well, this weekend keeps going from bad to worse.

Chapman had a 0.30 ERA entering this outing?

Crazy inning there, don't have any idea how it's not worse than 7-6. He giveth, he taketh away.

Yikes, not a good weekend overall for the Cubans. Tigers win 7-6, only 5 GB now.

Edited by caulfield12

I'll be happy with one win from the Cubs.

With the Sox playing the Cardinals and Dodgers, and the Tigers playing the Cubs and Rockies (who are 0-6 in interleague) this week, I fear a big swing week where they gain 4 games in 6 days.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 08:06 AM)
Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi

#Tigers place Drew Smyly on DL because of severe blister, sources say. Ryan Raburn will rejoin the team, I am told.

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi

Tigers are hopeful Doug Fister will be ready to start Saturday. I will not be surprised if Jim Leyland announces that today.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 07:20 AM)
Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi

Sources: #Tigers have interest in trading for Carlos Quentin. He has a scorching 1.463 OPS in 12 games with #Padres since returning from DL.

Go ahead and trade for him...by the time you get him the hot streak will be over and he'll pop out 100 times in a row to right and then scream "f***" as he jogs to first base.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 09:32 AM)
Go ahead and trade for him...by the time you get him the hot streak will be over and he'll pop out 100 times in a row to right and then scream "f***" as he jogs to first base.

Eh, you're a little harsh with the popup part, dude can hit when he's healthy.

If you wanted to instead go with something along the lines of making the Tigers D even worse, then you'd have me.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 08:20 AM)
Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi

Sources: #Tigers have interest in trading for Carlos Quentin. He has a scorching 1.463 OPS in 12 games with #Padres since returning from DL.

Does their DL have enough room for CQ? They already have enough injuries.

What do the Tigers have left to trade anymore? You would think if they had players in the minors, they would be helping at the major league level right now since the Tigers have had so many different injuries and bad production at so many different positions

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 08:27 AM)
Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi

We as White Sox fans don't want to see Carlos Quentin in a Tigers uniform. Say what you want about him being hurt and all, but the guy can smash when he's healthy and dialed in.

Edited by Chet Kincaid

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 10:04 AM)
What do the Tigers have left to trade anymore? You would think if they had players in the minors, they would be helping at the major league level right now since the Tigers have had so many different injuries and bad production at so many different positions

What happened to Jacob Turner this year? He was their next big rotation thing, then they started him out at high A ball, then moved him back to AAA after 4 starts?

If nothing else, he's a legit trade piece, better than what they gave up for Q.