2012 AL Central Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 06:11 AM)
Every once in a while, the slew of Hawk rants or the perception of umpire bias against us causes the Stockholm Syndrome to set in.

We actually start sympathizing with Harrelson and believing there is an umpiring conspiracy against us and that because he loses it pretty frequently with the umpires, that the majority are pretty bad at their job.

Well, it's about 75% complaining and 25% praising, which is human nature one would suppose.

Or the more likely reason, Hawk is a f***ing hack.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 06:16 PM)
BJ Upton, bases clearing double.

4-0 Rays over Indians, bottom 6

You have to think Angels are going to acquire another starter so they can stop pitching Jerome Williams (until Haren returns).

Scherzer just threw a 98 MPH fastball on pitch 100 to K Bourjos with a runner on 3rd and one out in the 7th.

He's nasty today. Normally he gets K's with the change-up, but today his fastball is moving and blowing everyone on the Angels away.

8 swinging strikeouts, 1 looking through 7.

5-1 Tigers.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 02:03 PM)
Scherzer just threw a 98 MPH fastball on pitch 100 to K Bourjos with a runner on 3rd and one out in the 7th.

He's nasty today. Normally he gets K's with the change-up, but today his fastball is moving and blowing everyone on the Angels away.

8 swinging strikeouts, 1 looking through 7.

5-1 Tigers.

with him pitching like that and then verlander and fister, i really hope we find a really good starter

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 09:19 AM)
If the Indians are for real, we're about to find out.

3 at NY

4 at Bal

3 vs LAA

4 vs TB

3 at Tor

4 at TB

4 vs Bal

3 vs Det

3 at Min

3 at KC

3 at Det

If they can play these 37 games at 19-18, I'll give them credit. Wouldn't be surprised if they go 14-23.

An update:

at NY 0-3

at Bal 3-1

vs LAA 2-1

vs TB 2-2

at Tor 1-2

at TB 2-2

10-11 so far. All things considered, the Indians are hanging in there...so far.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 03:09 PM)
An update:

at NY 0-3

at Bal 3-1

vs LAA 2-1

vs TB 2-2

at Tor 1-2

at TB 2-2

10-11 so far. All things considered, the Indians are hanging in there...so far.

i just dont see how they can contend with that roation. jimenez is their #2, ouch

FARRELL BALL ‏@FarrellBall

Source: Hearing Fister for Snider is quite the possibility. Jays feel they have a log jam in the OF

#BlueJays may have to add a low minors pitcher like a McGuire or Wojciechowski to complete the trade. #FarrellBall

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 08:43 AM)
FARRELL BALL ‏@FarrellBall

Source: Hearing Fister for Snider is quite the possibility. Jays feel they have a log jam in the OF

#BlueJays may have to add a low minors pitcher like a McGuire or Wojciechowski to complete the trade. #FarrellBall

That makes zero sense. That would make the Tigers worse in 2012.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 08:49 AM)
That is how I feel exactly. But this guy has broken stuff before, so I figured it was worth posting.

I saw a Toronto guy say that Snider was pulled from his AAA game flew to Boston last night, to potentially get called up to the big league club. Maybe if Lawrie needs to go on the DL.

Snider would make a lot more sense for us to replace Viciedo, after we traded for a starting pitcher.

Not that I'm advocating it...

Makes no sense for the Tigers, at all. They're currently down one pitcher until Smyly comes back, and he's struggled with staying healthy this year.

Turner got bombed his last time out.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 10:02 AM)
Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi

BREAKING: Source tells http://FOXSports.com #Rockies close to sending Jeremy Guthrie to #Royals for Jonathan Sanchez.

And you thought Jonathan Sanchez was bad before, wait til he pitches in Coors Field!

Bad trade for the Sox, Guthrie is an alright pitcher if we have to face him this year vs KC

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 04:39 AM)
Liriano has had an insane amount of swing and misses the last 2 game. its somewhere in the neighborhood of 50.

It's funny. Ryan has to be considering trying to re-sign Liriano (if they want to compete for the AL Central anytime soon), because he's far and away their best pitcher now. Unfortunately, the Mauer and Morneau contracts make that close to impossible.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 11:40 AM)
It's funny. Ryan has to be considering trying to re-sign Liriano (if they want to compete for the AL Central anytime soon), because he's far and away their best pitcher now. Unfortunately, the Mauer and Morneau contracts make that close to impossible.

With how inconsistent he is, I don't know how you could risk committing long-term money to him.