2012 AL Central Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 15, 2012 -> 02:55 PM)
Forbes thinks their revenue lat year was $8 million lower than ours

What about their expenses other than salary?

And perhaps our owners are making money hand over fist.

But that is an interesting figure, thanks.

Edited by MAX

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 15, 2012 -> 01:40 PM)
Royals lost Lorenzo Cain for the season (and for the next series against the Sox).

I'd rather face Cain than Dyson. He hits our pitchers well and all of our starters tend to focus on him when he gets on base as opposed to the batter.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 11:20 AM)
http://www.baseballprospectus.com/hitlist/...date=2012-09-13

Max Scherzer's ERA by month: 7.77, 4.04, 3.86, 3.62, 2.25, 1.23

RIODSSSS!!1one!

I heard a black MLB helicopter landed in the Tiger's dugout on Thursday but the league declined to comment. The boxcar children tried to find out but no one has seen them since last week. Leyland had something to do with it, they found an unfinished copy of the report they were writing for SI in his van.

n3oj6s.jpg

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 10:45 AM)
Miguel Cabrera has a .797 SLG and a 1.223 OPS in September. I know Mike Trout is getting love for the MVP, but Miguel would get my vote right now.

10 years ago, Cabrera would be the favorite. Since WAR has entered the discussion and the importance of defense has become magnified, Trout is suddenly the much more popular picks.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 11:02 AM)
10 years ago, Cabrera would be the favorite. Since WAR has entered the discussion and the importance of defense has become magnified, Trout is suddenly the much more popular picks.

IMO If neither the Angels or the Tigers make the playoffs Miggy gets it, if the Angels make it then Trout gets it.

Just like my thoughts on CY Young, if the Rays dont make it I think Sale should get it, if the Rays make it I think its a toss up.

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 06:52 AM)
Josh Willingham hit HR #35 last night, the first Twin to hit at least 35 since Harmon Killebrew in 1970. amazing.

He also has 110 RBI.

Steal of the offseason. Can't believe he went to the Twins and no contenders wanted him.