2012 AL Central Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 15, 2012 -> 10:53 PM)
Except they just signed Francouer to that contract extension through 2013 last summer. Doubt they'll start pondering the eating of that contract until next June/July.

Plus, Cain being out for the next couple of months gives them a chance to look at Dyson. The problem is that they really won't know what they have in Cain if he only ends up playing half a season, and it's done while recovering from a serious injury for an outfielder.

Frenchy makes $2.5M this year and there is a $4M mutual option for him next year.

Rudiments has been a pleasant surprise but I still think I would rather see Mitch Maier. Dyson is and always has been a non-prospect. He's 27 already, 4 days younger than Melky.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (High Mileage @ May 16, 2012 -> 12:05 AM)
Frenchy makes $2.5M this year and there is a $4M mutual option for him next year.

Rudiments has been a pleasant surprise but I still think I would rather see Mitch Maier. Dyson is and always has been a non-prospect. He's 27 already, 4 days younger than Melky.

You're looking at last year's deal, he played 2011 for $2.5 million. Late last season Jeff Francoeur signed a 2 year, $13 million deal. He earns $6 million for the 2012 season and $7.5 million, guaranteed, for the 2013 season.

QUOTE (High Mileage @ May 15, 2012 -> 10:29 PM)
Capps was an All-Star that year and Mauer was having a career year.

Every team is required to have an All-Star, even the last place Washington Nationals. He was still giving up over a hit an inning.

I still can't believe how fast the Twins fortunes changed, They were in the ALDS (getting swept... again) in 2010. Now they're well on their way to consecutive Top 3 picks in the draft.

As far as the Royals go, they won't top the Sox in the standings when all is said and done. Because while the Sox can't seem to beat them, many other MLB teams have and will continue to. Third place is par for the course in Chicago. Not the best, not the worst, always in the middle. Classic yawn baseball

Porcello getting roughed up too, but only one of the runs earned.

Meanwhile, the Indians are trudging along in first place to the lowest attendance in the majors, just like 2011.

Except last year, it seemed almost every one of their victories was a walk-off or dramatic come-from-behind win, many of them at home.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 17, 2012 -> 01:07 PM)
Fister has given up 3 early runs for the Tiggers.

M's leading the Indians 4-0 early, as well. Indians would be "only" 4 games over .500 if they lose that game, which is where we were 3 1/2 weeks ago.

caulfield = King Jinx

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 17, 2012 -> 07:59 PM)
The M's just took the lead again in extras.

And the Tigers lost to the Twins. Morneau's back again. Survived a bunch of solo homers against them.

King Jinx strikes again :):)

I give up.

The Indians will win the division going away. They cannot be stopped at home, despite nobody showing up to watch their games.

And, once again, the Royals cannot hold a lead against a surprisingly good Orioles team.

Edited by caulfield12