2012 AL Central Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

paul hoynes ‏ @hoynsie

Lonnie Soloff, #Indians head athletic trainer, says Grady Sizemore stopped all baseball activities after injury. No timetable on return.

If Grady Sizemore opens year on DL, it will be the second time in as many season. #Indians.

#Indians Grady Sizemore's back injury slows rehab on his surgically repaired right knee. Combination probably means DL for opening day.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 24, 2012 -> 02:41 PM)
paul hoynes ‏ @hoynsie

#Indians CF Grady Sizemore (back) out for opening day.

#Indians Grady Sizemore strained lower back fielding grounders in the OF two weeks ago.

Spring training opening day or April opening day? That's still six weeks away and he is already out?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 24, 2012 -> 02:53 PM)
Spring training opening day or April opening day? That's still six weeks away and he is already out?

To say that Sizemore is made of glass is an insult to guys that are actually made of glass, like Peavy and Quentin. Grady is more like the breakaway glass they use in movies.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 24, 2012 -> 02:59 PM)
To say that Sizemore is made of glass is an insult to guys that are actually made of glass, like Peavy and Quentin. Grady is more like the breakaway glass they use in movies.

Yeah, at least Peavy goes out with a bang. He detached a damn muscle from the bone! Sizemore's got those little injuries that never seem to go away.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Feb 26, 2012 -> 02:02 PM)
I think I'd retire given all he has gone through.

Forget that. Spring 2014, he convinces a team he can still throw 90+, they gave him 400k, easy money. Its their problem when his arm falls off a week later. I just love that "experts" called Zumaya a good signing, as if he might stay healthy.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 27, 2012 -> 01:49 AM)
Forget that. Spring 2014, he convinces a team he can still throw 90+, they gave him 400k, easy money. Its their problem when his arm falls off a week later. I just love that "experts" called Zumaya a good signing, as if he might stay healthy.

Eh. For $400k it is worth the gamble. That is what it would cost to bring in a rookie anyway.

Bob Dutton ‏ @Royals_Report

#Royals announce multiyear contract extension with catcher Sal Perez

Perez terms: $7 million over five years.

Jeff Passan ‏ @JeffPassan

Sal Perez's deal is for five years with three club options. As one agent has said, "Any time a team gets more than one option, it wins."

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 10:06 AM)
paul hoynes ‏ @hoynsie

#Indians manager Manny Acta says Justin Masterson and Ubaldo Jimenez will be his No.1 and No.2 starters. Josh Tomlin, Derek Lowe next 2.

Overall I'd pick the Sox rotation over the Indians at this point.