2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

jcrasnick Jerry Crasnick

Free agent Jonathan Broxton, 7 weeks removed from minor elbow surgery, is lifting weights and plans to start throwing in 2 weeks.

jcrasnick Jerry Crasnick

#BlueJays among 6-8 clubs that have shown interest & asked for his medical records. #Mets, surprisingly, not among that group

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 11, 2011 -> 02:05 PM)
Supposedly they had a deal done, and the team CEO refused to approve it, though later the Phillies denied that a deal was done.

Just found this.

SI_JonHeyman Jon Heyman

word is phils gm amaro called madson, apologized for proposal ryan agreed to blowing up and explained that nothing was in writing

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Nov 11, 2011 -> 05:58 PM)
Papelbon was brilliant towards the end of the season. Boston is probably kicking itself in the ass for letting him go if that is all it took to retain him. At least they have Bobby Jenks for the bargain of $6 million to ease their pain next year.

Daniel Bard will get that job and Boston will go spend $12 million a year on a starter.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 11, 2011 -> 05:03 PM)
Daniel Bard will get that job and Boston will go spend $12 million a year on a starter.

Exactly, I dont condone spending 12.5 million a year on a closer. If we spent that money this board would be going apes***.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 11, 2011 -> 07:01 PM)
Dave Martinez isn't being interviewed by the Cubs, Cardinals or Red Sox. Maybe standing next to Joe Maddon doesn't make you a baseball genius afterall.

I wonder if he has been told to lay low for a year when Maddons deal is up?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 11, 2011 -> 07:51 PM)
I wonder if he has been told to lay low for a year when Maddons deal is up?

Possibly, but its always been reported Maddon loves being there and doesn't seem very interested in moving on. I just find it really interesting he's been mentioned as a top candidate and isn't even getting interviews. Maybe teams view him like Steve Phillips.

The openings were either big market or high profile teams. Maybe most think he'd be better off managing a team like TB or Pittsburgh, something a little more low key.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 11, 2011 -> 05:03 PM)

Unless his September scared the Red Sox. He was downright awful and one of the main people to blame for the collpase. I could see them signing a top closer and keeping bard in the 8th.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 12, 2011 -> 05:02 PM)
The Florida Marlins are now the Miami Marlins.

Miami_Marlins_Baseball_250195_team-300x2

And in 5 years, they'll still have attendance issues.

and they went from a decent (albeit not good) logo/jersey to unequivocally the worst in baseball

miamimarlins.jpg

Edited by daa84

Is it true Pujols, Reyes and Mark are considering Oz's Marlins?

Not meant to flame, but this proves what a joke that poll was a few years ago that said Oz was the most hated manager by players in the game.

Bulls***.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 12, 2011 -> 09:04 PM)
Is it true Pujols, Reyes and Mark are considering Oz's Marlins?

Not meant to flame, but this proves what a joke that poll was a few years ago that said Oz was the most hated manager by players in the game.

Bulls***.

Yup. Has nothing to do with the hundreds of millions of dollars being offered.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Nov 12, 2011 -> 09:29 PM)
personally i love the Miami Marlins logo and uniform. Very art deco, very "Miami". And that new stadium? holy crapppp!

I think I've determined that my biggest issue with the new uniforms is the text style of the "MIAMI" and "MARLINS" on the front. If they had retained the script they used on the old Florida Marlins uniforms, they'd be a vast improvement.