2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm a GM from the AL, I might be a little reluctant to try to improve the offense in the lineup by acquiring a bat from the NL to contend this season. It seems to take a while for the NL hitter to make the transition. I guess that would also depend how many games out of first as well.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 04:22 AM)
loved how tex stared at his homerun and started to walk torwards first after hitting a tying hr off padilla(they had issues with each other earlier in the year) cant stand padilla

Yes, that was awesome

QUOTE (northside sawx @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 01:47 PM)
Same. I guess they figure acouple vets like CQ and Street could be very valuable to have around once they start promoting some of.their prized prospects to the big club and start being competitive?

Seems much more likely that they're going to be in the Peavy situation with them, where they're trying to move them in a year or two to clear the salary.

Just made some huge trades in fantasy.

I just traded Chris Sale for Mark Trumbo (REAAAALLY need power, have tons of pitching, worried about Sale getting hurt/shut down).

Then I traded Gio Gonzalez, Jose Reyes, and Jon Jay for Andrew McCutchen and Jimmy Rollins.

Rollins and Reyes are pretty much even. Jon Jay is worthless (would have been dropped by me), and Gio Gonzalez has not been good since June 1st. I get more power w/ McCutchen, and good average.

I think I did a helluva job.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 10:11 PM)
How does Cincy win 10 in a row, WITHOUT Joey Votto?

They did just face the two worst teams in all of baseball and Milwaukee is in a tailspin as their entire bullpen refuses to hold a lead.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 08:21 AM)
Just made some huge trades in fantasy.

I just traded Chris Sale for Mark Trumbo (REAAAALLY need power, have tons of pitching, worried about Sale getting hurt/shut down).

Then I traded Gio Gonzalez, Jose Reyes, and Jon Jay for Andrew McCutchen and Jimmy Rollins.

Rollins and Reyes are pretty much even. Jon Jay is worthless (would have been dropped by me), and Gio Gonzalez has not been good since June 1st. I get more power w/ McCutchen, and good average.

I think I did a helluva job.

1287494299880_6396610.png

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 01:27 PM)
Good thing I forced you to read/reply to it....

Oh wait...... I didn't......

You should post these in the fantasy section.

Nobody actually reads those forums.