2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 11:00 AM)
DKnobler ‏@DKnobler

Rangers announce they've released Yorvit Torrealba. Already had been DFA, and they had tried unsuccessfully to trade him.

Get him, Kenny. Send Flowers down for 3 weeks.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 02:45 PM)
I don't know, but it's only 23 days until September 1, so if not, slam a door on his hand and stick him on the DL.

Although that's fun to say...the Players Union is watching out for this a lot more these days. You could see the end result of that with the Sox not DLing Dunn last year.

Another possibility is that the Sox rarely use Olmedo and Hudson both in the same game anyway, so you could cut one of them loose and add a 3rd catcher, or shorten the bullpen by one guy. Santiago hardly ever pitches anyway.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 02:54 PM)
Another possibility is that the Sox rarely use Olmedo and Hudson both in the same game anyway, so you could cut one of them loose and add a 3rd catcher, or shorten the bullpen by one guy. Santiago hardly ever pitches anyway.

Santiago is already in the minors. Probably why you can't remember the last time he pitched.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 01:54 PM)

Hector is starting in Charlotte. As a matter of a fact, he just threw five shutout innings in a start today for the Knights. He is unscored on in the 8IP since going back down there as a starter.

Santiago is already in the minors. Probably why you can't remember the last time he pitched.

Sorry, I've been watching a lot of Olympics. NBC probably won't tell us that Santiago got sent to Charlotte until next week.

Brett Lawrie to the 15-day DL with an oblique injury. The amount of injuries Toronto has suffered is absolutely ridiculous. Good news for the Sox though, as they head across the border for 4 games next week. Bautista won't be back by then either.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 02:03 PM)
Sorry, I've been watching a lot of Olympics. NBC probably won't tell us that Santiago got sent to Charlotte until next week.

Agreed with NBC being late

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 10:20 AM)
Brett Lawrie to the 15-day DL with an oblique injury. The amount of injuries Toronto has suffered is absolutely ridiculous. Good news for the Sox though, as they head across the border for 4 games next week. Bautista won't be back by then either.

Well thats 2 big bats we dont have to pitch to for a 4 game set.

QUOTE (Wagz @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 10:53 AM)
Well thats 2 big bats we dont have to pitch to for a 4 game set.

The two 4-game series in Toronto and Baltimore really stand out as huge to me. We gotta take of care of business in Toronto--like 3 of 4. Too many bad years up there recently.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 11:00 AM)
The two 4-game series in Toronto and Baltimore really stand out as huge to me. We gotta take of care of business in Toronto--like 3 of 4. Too many bad years up there recently.

Especially considering how banged up they are. On offense, Lawrie, Arencibia, Bautista, & Lind are all on the DL. And they have about 5 starters & two relievers injured too.

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan

Scary injury stat No. 1: There are currently 52 starting pitchers on the disabled list. That's more than 10 full rotations.

Scary injury stat No. 2: Executives project more than $500M lost to DL this year. The vast majority is pitching injuries.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 08:20 AM)
Orioles are going for it, they call up top prospect Manny Machado to play 3rd. I'm no expert on prospects, sounds like the kid has tons of talent, but might not be ready for the majors quite yet.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 08:52 PM)
2 homers for Manny Machado. 20 years old.

I'm an idiot. :lolhitting