2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 09:55 PM)
HAHAHAHA. How slow is Miggy? He just hit in to a game-ending DP on a ball that the Royals SS JUMPED OVER the runner, landed, and THEN threw to 1st and still got Cabrera. I thought when he didn't make the throw mid-air, he abandoned the throw, but then he lands, fires, and ends the game. Hilarious.

And props to Lorenzo Cain for making a great diving catch in CF with 0 outs in the 9th and Austin Jackson on 1st.

He has a bad ankle and weighs around 300 lbs.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 07:38 AM)
Just pause and think about next year when VMart is back and they legitimately have to put one of them in the field all the time.

I bet they try and ride it out and keep Cabrera at third again and DH Vmart. At least for one season

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 07:45 AM)
By the way, the Nats have made it official, Stras has 2-3 more starts before being shut down for the year.

I'm gonna be rooting against the Nationals so badly in the playoffs for letting Scott Boras run their team.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 10:05 AM)
OK, then let him start every 5th day but pull him after 1 inning. Keeps his innings count down.

If they were going to do this, the right answer was to be proactive and sit him for a start a month back from April on. Like the Sox have done with Sale.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 09:03 AM)
Shutting a guy down for >1 month and then restarting him doesn't seem like a very easy thing on the arm either.

Yeah, at this point it's two late in the game to really rest him. They should have thought about back in May or June or July. It's not like they struggled all season, then got hot late in the year to make the playoffs. They have been atop the East forever.

Yeah the Nats bungled this whole thing. They could have rested him in May, when it looked like they might be able to make a playoff run. This might be a once in a lifetime kind season for Washington. No guarantees they will be anywhere close to this good in 2013 and when you have a bonafied ace at the top of your rotation you let him pitch. If he gets hurt he gets hurt, but I'm willing to guess his arm would feel a lot better with a ring on it...

I expect lots of shots of Sad Strasburg sitting on the bench as the Nats get eliminated in the NLDS...

Side note, if this team (and Boras) was so concerned with his health, why not try and change his mechanics? That is the bigger issue than his IP.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 09:06 AM)
Yeah, at this point it's two late in the game to really rest him. They should have thought about back in May or June or July. It's not like they struggled all season, then got hot late in the year to make the playoffs. They have been atop the East forever.

Ontop of that, they had the perfect fillin starter in John Lannon wasting a season in AAA that could of given Strasburg many breaks.

The Houston Astros are 40 games out of first. lol

The Cubs could lose 100 games this year... and the Astros are 11 games behind them in the standings.

That's gotta be just brutal for people associated with the organization.

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (scenario @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 12:00 PM)
The Houston Astros are 40 games out of first. lol

The Cubs could lose 100 games this year... and the Astros are 11 games behind them in the standings.

That's gotta be just brutall for people associated with the organization.

Wait til they get in the AL. 40 games out would be a success for them.

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 11:41 AM)
Yeah the Nats bungled this whole thing. They could have rested him in May, when it looked like they might be able to make a playoff run. This might be a once in a lifetime kind season for Washington. No guarantees they will be anywhere close to this good in 2013 and when you have a bonafied ace at the top of your rotation you let him pitch. If he gets hurt he gets hurt, but I'm willing to guess his arm would feel a lot better with a ring on it...

I expect lots of shots of Sad Strasburg sitting on the bench as the Nats get eliminated in the NLDS...

Side note, if this team (and Boras) was so concerned with his health, why not try and change his mechanics? That is the bigger issue than his IP.

How fortunate they are to not have the health issues the Sox have with pitching.

They need to come up with a better solution than this.