2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (G&T @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 08:11 AM)
I don't know if the Yankees are ever allowed to complain about bad calls against the O's for the rest of eternity.

+ 1 billion

It was a pretty bad call though, he was definitely safe. Girardi got into it with NY Post writer Joel Sherman after the post game interview. Girardi asked Sherman to come into his office and eventually they had to be seperated by security

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 09:40 AM)
+ 1 billion

It was a pretty bad call though, he was definitely safe

The player sliding into second should have been called for interference, deeming the call at first moot. He was nowhere close to 2nd base.

If Teixeira actually ran through first base, it would have been clear as day in real time that he was safe.

Edited by Cerbaho-WG

Brandon McCarthy is one of the coolest guys ever. That is all. I really hope he recovers. Even back in his minor league days he had time for all of his fans. Following his twitter feed he hasn't changed a bit, which is awesome. Hopefully he gets his big payday here soon, and more importantly can stay healthy.

Brandon McCarthy ‏@BMcCarthy32

Does autocorrect have a brain injury edition? Jesus this s***'s impossible

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 07:47 AM)
Brandon McCarthy is one of the coolest guys ever. That is all. I really hope he recovers. Even back in his minor league days he had time for all of his fans. Following his twitter feed he hasn't changed a bit, which is awesome. Hopefully he gets his big payday here soon, and more importantly can stay healthy.

Brandon McCarthy ‏@BMcCarthy32

Does autocorrect have a brain injury edition? Jesus this s***'s impossible

I just looked up his stats with the A's. He had a nice ERA for 2 seasons. Plus fans wanted him on the 2005 post season roster. I just hope this doesn't make his career regress like Matt Clement.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 11:36 PM)
The Phillies & Brewers are both only 4.5 games out of a wild card spot

Now it's 4 games.

Stl 75-67 -

LA 74-68 1

Pit 72-69 2.5

Phi 71-71 4

Mil 71-71 4

Arz 70-72 5

How awful is the National league, by the way?

There are 4 pretty good teams, a layer of crap, and then a bigger a layer of crap.

Unless it's the Pirates knocking off the Braves in the Wild Card Game, I hope the Braves win that game.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 02:02 PM)
Then all of a sudden you have a hot playoff team with Halladay/Hamels/Lee leading off the rotation. Watch out now.

I'm sorry, but a team that sucked that bad for that long in the first half shouldn't be in the playoffs. The NL is such a joke. This is the one year I really hope the Braves win that game to get the four best teams in the playoffs. Even the Pirates...it would be cool, but they suck.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 02:05 PM)
I'm sorry, but a team that sucked that bad for that long in the first half shouldn't be in the playoffs. The NL is such a joke. This is the one year I really hope the Braves win that game to get the four best teams in the playoffs. Even the Pirates...it would be cool, but they suck.

As opposed to the Dodgers, Pirates, & Cardinals who are sucking that bad for that long in the second half??? :lol:

Edited by LittleHurt05

http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/2012...test=latestnews

The owners of the Boston Red Sox are mulling a potential sale of the storied baseball franchise, and have even begun quietly shopping the team to potential buyers, the FOX Business Network has learned.

The team is owned by the Fenway Sports Group, which also owns the English football team Liverpool FC. While no final decision has been made about a potential sale, and the talks appear to be in the early stages, executives at Fenway Sports are debating whether they have the financial resources to run both teams, according to people with direct knowledge of the matter.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 11:04 PM)
Anyone ever watch the weekly show on the NBC Sports Network "Caught Looking"? Fantastic production value, and they gave an amazing stat that Marco Scutaro has made contact (whatever that means) on 94% of pitches in the strike zone.

Wow! That just means he's no Adam Dunn.