2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Cali @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 05:56 PM)
So weird that the Sox could potentially be playing a team they beat in the World Series only 8 years earlier, every season...

I wish they would put Houston in the AL Central and move the Royals or Twins to the West.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this totally screws up the Back to the Future prediction of Miami vs. Cubs in the 2015 World Series. For a second there, I thought that was going to become true with the Cubs getting Epstein and the Marlins changing their name.

It may not happen in time for 2015, but at some point, the NL will finally adopt the DH, at which point MLB will eliminate the AL and NL and realign the teams into divisions geographically, which would allow any two teams to meet in the World Series.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 15, 2011 -> 06:57 AM)
It may not happen in time for 2015, but at some point, the NL will finally adopt the DH, at which point MLB will eliminate the AL and NL and realign the teams into divisions geographically, which would allow any two teams to meet in the World Series.

How would that work?? Every other pro league in the US also has teams split into geographic divisions, yet you can only face a certain amount of teams in the finals.. Chicago can't play Detroit in the Finals in any other league because they are in the same division.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 04:48 PM)
I can't stand watching the first 6 innings of an NL game where the pitcher batting helps bail out the opposing pitcher.

I concur. I would have no problem eliminating the DH if the pitchers weren't so f***ing bad at hitting. So many rallies in the NL end because the pitcher, batting .135 on his career, is due up.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 15, 2011 -> 07:57 AM)

The NL is never going to adopt the DH.

That's like saying that at some point, 2k5 and I will agree about everything. It's just not going to happen. Some people prefer each style of ball, and there is nothing wrong with this fact.

How would that work?? Every other pro league in the US also has teams split into geographic divisions, yet you can only face a certain amount of teams in the finals.. Chicago can't play Detroit in the Finals in any other league because they are in the same division.

Six divisions of five teams with no separation into leagues. Six division winners and four wildcard teams make playoffs. Division winners get byes while wildcards play best-of-three series. Then the teams are seeded 1-8, with the wildcards having to be 7-8 even if they have better records. You could have a division winner and a wildcard from the same division playing each other in the World Series.

Yes, it's different than what other leagues do, but MLB will do it because they are dying to find a way to have a Yankees-Red Sox World Series.

jonmorosi Jon Morosi

Torre says expanded replay on fair/foul calls is possible.

jonmorosi Jon Morosi

Joe Torre says the issue of player safety in Venezuela came up during today's GM meetings. He declined to elaborate.

jcrasnick Jerry Crasnick

The general managers did not discuss realignment and scheduling changes. "That's on the commissioner's desk,'' Torre said.

ESPNChiSox Doug Padilla

Joe Torre: expanding replay to fair/foul calls won't speed up the pace of play. If a ball is changed to fair, where do the runners go?

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Nov 15, 2011 -> 05:03 PM)
Did they move B&B to a different station or timeslot? Since last Monday all I hear from 1-6 is the Jerry Sandusky Show.

Bernstein has been all over the case on Twitter as well. They have done a good job covering it IMO, but it definitely has been a bit overload.

jcrasnick Jerry Crasnick

#Cardinals GM John Mozeliak expected to meet with Pujols' agent, Dan Lozano, at Milwaukee meetings

jcrasnick Jerry Crasnick

Source says Pujols was "surprised'' Matheny named manager, but likes Matheny personally. New mgr won't be a factor in his decision.

jcrasnick Jerry Crasnick

Also, report of $210M offer by #Cardinals last spring is high, BB source says. The team never got above $200M. #Cardinals

jcrasnick Jerry Crasnick

How serious are the #Marlins about Pujols? They brought in 10 players to help recruit him during his visit last week.

mlbtraderumors MLB Trade Rumors

Marlins' Offer To Pujols Believed To Be For Nine Years