2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last U.S. Census recorded 219 residents. If Industry were to host the Angels, it would be the least-populous city to host an MLB franchise. By a lot.

The shopping-mall scenes in the Back to the Future movies were filmed at an Industry mall.

There's a McDonald's in Industry that is used "strictly for filming movies and commercials." (Imagine how frustrating that must be for hungry visitors!)

"City of Industry is also home to an unusual number of strip clubs, including the headquarters of the Spearmint Rhino chain."

Sounds like a great place to visit!

The last U.S. Census recorded 219 residents. If Industry were to host the Angels, it would be the least-populous city to host an MLB franchise. By a lot.

The shopping-mall scenes in the Back to the Future movies were filmed at an Industry mall.

There's a McDonald's in Industry that is used "strictly for filming movies and commercials." (Imagine how frustrating that must be for hungry visitors!)

"City of Industry is also home to an unusual number of strip clubs, including the headquarters of the Spearmint Rhino chain."

Sounds like a great place to visit!

But honey, the McDonald's isn't real--we'll have to go to a strip club for lunch.

City of Industry has also been one of the frontrunners for a new NFL team. Not many people, but a decent amount of business there. Population isn't the issue anyway as it is smack in the middle of a pretty populated area. Either way, Moreno has to get an alternative site so he has better leverage with the city of Anaheim.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/break...story?track=rss

Eric Gagne, who won the National League Cy Young Award in 2003, claims in his new biography that about 80 percent of his Dodgers teammates used performance-enhancing drugs when he was playing, ESPNLosAngeles reported Tuesday.

Gagne says in the book that he used human growth hormone over five cycles during a three-year period at the end of his career.

“It was sufficient to ruin my health, tarnish my reputation and throw a shadow over the extraordinary performances of my career,” Gagne says in the French-language book titled, “Game Over: The Story of Eric Gagne.”

Gagne set a major league record by converting 84 consecutive save chances, and he converted all 55 while posting a 1.20 ERA in 2003.

He had elbow surgery in 2005 and signed as a free agent with the Rangers before the 2006 season. Gagne signed a minor league deal with the Dodgers in 2010, but was released during spring training. He hasn't pitched in the major leagues since 2008.

Gagne first publicly admitted to using HGH in 2010.

In his book, Gagne does not the name players he says used PEDs.

“I was intimately aware of the clubhouse in which I lived. I would say that 80 percent of the Dodgers players were consuming them,” Gagne says in the book.

The Yankees are getting sued for not paying waiters their share for a fee deemed as "Yes, says the lawsuit, which charges that state law specifically speaks to this question. The waiters note that from 2009 to 2011, the "service charge" was added to customers' bills as a mandatory fee, and a line on the menu noted that "additional gratuity is at your discretion.""

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/waiters--yank...npaid-tips.html

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 28, 2012 -> 08:46 AM)
An amazing story about a top prospect who walked away from it all to become a monk

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/from-prospect...-his-peace.html

I remember when he retired. It was just such a WTF moment.

The guy went out on top atleast. If there is Divine Intervention, that was it. He absolutely murdered that ball in Stockton upon his promotion, saw his peripherals improve, and then hit 11 homers in the AFL too, which put him at 42 for the minor league season.

Brent Morel led the league in average (though only 62 ABs) that year, and Jordan Danks played really well too.

EDIT: Can probably include the link. It's a who's who of former big names who have flamed out big time. I literally remember hearing a ton about most of those guys, and only like 10 have become solid major league hitters

http://mlb.mlb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?y=...119&t=l_bat

Edited by witesoxfan