2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 29, 2011 -> 04:57 PM)
I'm glad that teams aren't being taken to the cleaners like before. Players' demands were getting way past ridiculous.

So many of those players didn't live up to their contracts, I think teams finally wised up a little bit. The players can blame Brown, Neagle, Burnett, Pavano, Wright, etc.

So many of those players didn't live up to their contracts, I think teams finally wised up a little bit. The players can blame Brown, Neagle, Burnett, Pavano, Wright, etc.

I don't think so.. I think some team is going to overspend on Wilson this year, and Reyes and regret it, maybe right away, but shortly.

I thought Phillies over spent on Jonathan Papelbon, and will regret it, I don't see them winning anything more than a Divisional titles..IMO>

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 30, 2011 -> 08:56 AM)

Teams should have wised up a long time ago, but at least it's finally happening. A guy like C.J. Wilson, who put together two good years, would easily be looking at almost ten years at $20 million a season. Then he'd disappear into the middle of the pack.

DKnobler DKnobler

The belief has long been that Kuroda wouldn't want to pitch for any MLB team but the Dodgers. Possible he could return to Japan.

Hiroki Kuroda looking less likely for Dodgers. They'd like him back, but won't come close to $12.5 mill he made last year.

Dumb trade for the Angels. New GM and I still hate what they do. Chatwood has some command issues but has a really live arm. Plus, Angels wouldn't have even had to make this deal if they weren't stupid enough to trade Napoli and Rivera for Vernon Wells.

Angels rotation at the front looks great, no depth at the back (with Pineiro and Chatwood gone). They are supopsedly interested in Wilson but Buehrle would be a much better fit, imo.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 1, 2011 -> 10:35 PM)
This one will end (start?) badly. 34 years old, K rate plunged to 7.3 last season while sporting an average walk rate and a low HR/FB despite the average GB%. Eh, quite a bit of risk here. 3.67 xFIP, we'll see if it's a precursor.

I'm not sure what to make of the signing just yet, but it's worth noting that the Marlins new park is even more pitcher friendly than Petco. An aside, M56 could probably do mighty fine in such a park.

Edited by DirtySox