2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 07:58 PM)
Reyes is about to be a Fish.

Ken_Rosenthal Ken Rosenthal

Sources: #Marlins, Reyes close on six-year deal, believed to be for $110 million. #MLB

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Props to our inside source chisox2334 for calling this a while ago.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 06:03 AM)
Greg must be celebrating the Marlins' 2012 NL Championship, along with random Lawrence/KC-area fans.

Reyes, Heath Bell and taking a run at Pujols? Wow!

Hmmm, me thinks we got rid of the wrong guy in Ozzie. I thought nobody wanted to play for Ozzie.

I'm thinking we got the raw end of the stick in Kenny.

Prove me wrong, KW.

Marlins signing people; Sox moves to be determined.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 11:05 PM)
Some talk that Cubs might offer Pujols in the 25-30 million range per season but only 4-5 years in length.

Because Albert wants to be a free agent again at age 36.

A 5 year deal better involve $35 mil a year.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 12:25 AM)
Hmmm, me thinks we got rid of the wrong guy in Ozzie. I thought nobody wanted to play for Ozzie.

Prove me wrong, KW.

Reyes hasn't played enough to be worth this money the last fee years. This deal could cost Oz another job.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 11:25 PM)

Prove me wrong, KW.

Theyre signing people because they are offering more years and dollars than anybody else, which is a big reason why Ozzie split there too.

http://www.csnchicago.com/blog/whitesox-ta...tm_medium=email

Twins interested in Edwin Jackson?

December 3, 2011, 12:38 pm

Edwin Jackson started 30 games with a 3.66 ERA over two seasons with the White Sox. (US Presswire)

JJ STANKEVITZ

csnchicago.png

It's a longshot, but Minnesota reportedly has interest in free agent starter Edwin Jackson -- although his price tag is likely to be too high for the Twins.

The former White Sox starter is the best right-handed pitcher on the free agent market, and with Scott Boras as his agent, the 28-year-old should command a hefty contract from a team that missed out on C.J. Wilson or Mark Buehrle.

Jackson was fantastic in his 30 starts with the White Sox, compiling a 3.66 ERA with 57 walks, 174 strikeouts and 5.0 WAR (per FanGraphs) over 196 2/3 innings. He was good with St. Louis as well, posting a 3.58 ERA in 78 innings with the Cardinals after being traded away by the Sox.

He looks like another Don Cooper success story, as he only had one season with an ERA below 4.00 before coming to the Sox (and that year, 2009, his results were pretty luck-fueled).

Maybe Jackson has finally turned the corner and harnessed the potential so many teams saw in him. So with that in mind, hopefully he doesn't sign somewhere in the AL Central and pitch against the White Sox multiple times a year.

ktsharp Katie Sharp

$133M spent by the Marlins already is as much as they spent in previous 9 offseasons COMBINED ('02-10, approx.)

effPassan Jeff Passan

Between 2006 and 2009 -- that's four seasons -- the Marlins' combined opening day payrolls were $104.2M. Tonight they gave Jose Reyes $106M.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 11:03 PM)
Greg must be celebrating the Marlins' 2012 NL Championship, along with random Lawrence/KC-area fans.

Reyes, Heath Bell and taking a run at Pujols? Wow!

Say what you will, but if they sign Buehrle or Wilson, they're a legitimate player in the NL next year.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 12:37 PM)
Say what you will, but if they sign Buehrle or Wilson, they're a legitimate player in the NL next year.

They have the funniest manager in baseball, they are always legitimate players.

To be serious, I agree with you. That would be a pretty solid 1 through 4 in their starting rotation

J. Johnson

Nolasco

Sanchez

MB/Wilson

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 12:41 PM)
They have the funniest manager in baseball, they are always legitimate players.

To be serious, I agree with you. That would be a pretty solid 1 through 4 in their starting rotation

J. Johnson

Nolasco

Sanchez

MB/Wilson

Reyes, Ramirez and Stanton is just, like, f***ing exciting. It feels sexy even as I type their names. It will be very interesting to see how Ramirez adapts to a new position. He's saying all the right things, I guess.

Edited by Jordan4life