2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/foul_...-cj-wilson.html

Five teams in hunt for C.J. Wilson

The Rangers are one of five teams in the hunt for free-agent left-hander C.J. Wilson, but they might have to offer six years to snag him.

A major-league source said that one of the other four suitors has made an offer of six years. The Rangers are expected to meet with agent Bob Garber tonight or Tuesday morning, and they could make their first offer to Wilson since a four-year, $48 million offer before last season.

Wilson is hoping to sign a contract this week but won't sign with a team just because it offered six years, said Garber. Wilson has no favorite and has been patient with the process. Wilson is known to have met with Anaheim and Miami. Washington is another suitor, as is a team that has remained anonymous.

The Rangers have also spoken to Garber about another of his clients, free-agent right-hander Roy Oswalt.

"I have the two best clients out there," Garber said. "C.J. is comfortable with the process and confident with how things have been going. Roy basically said, 'Take car of C.J. I'll wait in the wings. Once C.J. and [Mark] Buehrle have signed, my market will open up."

Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria said that there are opportunties to pursue even though they have already signed free agents Heath Bell and Jose Reyes. The Marlins played host to Wilson last week in Miami, and Wilson made a favorable impression.

"Terrific young man. Very intelligent and very interesting guy," Loria said. "There are opportunities we want to pursue."

-- Jeff Wilson

Read more: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/foul_...l#ixzz1fhRQYe8j

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 03:35 PM)
What's left to resolve? The facts seem clear. Is there a legal shoe that's yet to drop?

I dont know if he has been reinstated by the MLB yet because of his identity theft charges in the Dominican Republic. It will probably be cleared up though

Jon_Heyman Jon Heyman

Skeptical there is legit 6 year offer for cj, but angels are involved. his hometown team may want to pull 1 from texas.

Jon Morosi

@Ken_Rosenthal and I hear the C.J. Wilson bidding is heating up and #Marlins are as aggressive as anyone; #Angels also making push.

Ken_Rosenthal Ken Rosenthal

Pujols wants protection for first five years, then 10/5 rights would kick in. #STLCards expected to talk again with Pujols camp today. #MLB

Confirmed: #Marlins have made 10-year offer to Pujols. Source says two sides trying to work through no-trade issue. MORE

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 11:53 AM)
That is because he is a selfish prick.

That he is but the Marlins handled this pretty badly as well, Ripken changed positions at the age of 36, A-Rod willingly changed while being traded to a contender. Why not consult this with Han-Ram (unless that didn't come out) about why they are moving a guy who in the previous five years had a 29.3 WAR and was face of franchise to avoid from this being handled so publicly? Unless this was their plan the whole time and to end up trading him, this was a stupid move IMO

With that being said, they pluck Pujols and nobody will bat an eye