2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 19, 2011 -> 02:11 PM)
JonHeymanCBS Jon Heyman

This is all still speculation, but fwiw folks whove spoken to #bluejays people say they don't seem confident they won darvish bid.

It's gotta be the Rangers, hopefully the Blue Jays come back to us about Danks.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Dec 19, 2011 -> 02:22 PM)
I still think the team that doesn't get Darvish will grab Gio. Both the Rangers and Jays have more than enough pieces.

I could see that, but it depends on the price of Gio, and from my interpretations it's as much or more than Latos, meaning that team would have to love Gio to bring him in.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 19, 2011 -> 02:23 PM)
I could see that, but it depends on the price of Gio, and from my interpretations it's as much or more than Latos, meaning that team would have to love Gio to bring him in.

Indeed. But supposedly the Jays were in the Latos talks up until the Padres took the Reds package. Sounds like they are willing to pay the price for a guy under team control for a while.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/12/gio-..._medium=twitter

Gio Gonzalez Rumors: Monday

By Mike Axisa [December 19, 2011 at 3:35pm CST]

The Athletics have already traded one of their young starting pitchers this offseason, but it wasn't Gio Gonzalez even though his name is popular on the trade rumor circuit. Here's the latest on the 26-year-old left-hander...

The Mets are unlikely to pursue Gonzalez according to Andy Martino of the New York Daily News, with one team official saying talks never moved passed the preliminary phase. “Nothing serious,” said the official, with another source saying they are "unlikely" to continue pursuing the southpaw.

Martino says the Athletics asked the Yankees for Jesus Montero and top pitching prospects in exchange for Gonzalez when they discussed his availability earlier this winter.

This is included in EXHIBIT A10, in sub-section 1.

The Nationals announced that they agreed to sign Chad Tracy, Brett Carroll and Xavier Paul to minor league contracts with invitations to Spring Training. The team also confirmed minor league deals for Jeff Fulchino, Waldis Joaquin, Carlos Maldonado, Andres Blanco, Jarrett Hoffpauir and Jason Michaels. The Nationals will also invite right-hander Rafael Martin, catcher Sandy Leon and outfielder Corey Brown to Spring Training.

Tracy, 31, owns a .278/.337/.445 line in seven big league seasons, but hasn't produced much at the plate since 2007. The corner infielder spent the 2011 season with the Hiroshima Carp, posting a .235/.293/.336 line in 164 plate appearances. Carroll, 29, has big league experience in each of the past five seasons and can play all three outfield positions. In 322 career plate appearances, he has a .203/.281/.322 line. Paul spent the 2011 season with the Pirates and Dodgers, posting a .255/.292/.346 line in 262 plate appearances.