2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/12/brav..._medium=twitter

The Braves made a run at Orioles outfielder Adam Jones earlier this month, according to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun. Connolly reports that Atlanta offered Jair Jurrjens, Martin Prado, and a pitching prospect for Jones, but the O's "didn't bite," indicating how much they value their center fielder.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 21, 2011 -> 12:14 PM)
TBrownYahoo Tim Brown

Ronald Belisario is one big bundle of surprises. LA Times reports he's been suspended 25 games for violating MLB drug policy.

Presumably that must be the amphetamine ban, 2nd occurrence?

jcrasnick Jerry Crasnick

#Braves & #Orioles did discuss Adam Jones recently, as reports have said, but talks didn't get very far

jcrasnick Jerry Crasnick

#Orioles wanted at least 2 arms from Beachy, Minor, Teheran, Vizcaino, Delgado contingent, said BB source. #Braves not interested

I would love to see him go to Boston. His ERAs have been significantly lower than his FIPs the previous two seasons and, though he's been worth quite a bit due to the 200 innings in both seasons, I would love to see him in a monstrosity of a hitters park in a much more difficult division. I've always loved watching him pitch but have never been a big fan of him and I don't think there's any way he'd keep his ERA below 4 pitching for Boston. I think this would be a bad investment by Boston which is the biggest reason I want to see them make this move.

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 22, 2011 -> 06:55 PM)
Carlos Beltran 2 yr deal with the Cardinals.

Good signing at $13 million a year.

Allen Craig will be out until May with his injury, so Beltran will be a nice bat to have until then.

Apparently, they want to play Beltran in center after Craig comes back. I don't know how that's going to work out...

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 22, 2011 -> 08:03 PM)
Good signing at $13 million a year.

Allen Craig will be out until May with his injury, so Beltran will be a nice bat to have until then.

Apparently, they want to play Beltran in center after Craig comes back. I don't know how that's going to work out...

They won a World Series with Berkman playing out of position all year so I guess that makes it alright?

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 22, 2011 -> 06:55 PM)
Carlos Beltran 2 yr deal with the Cardinals.

That could be a steal. He has injury trouble, but it's only a 2 year deal so it won't handicap you. And the guy can still hit. Even with losing Sir Albert, the Cards might be the NL Central favorites at this point.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 22, 2011 -> 08:22 PM)
They won a World Series with Berkman playing out of position all year so I guess that makes it alright?

I was thinking more about Beltran's health and how his knees will hold up playing CF.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 22, 2011 -> 11:18 PM)
I was thinking more about Beltran's health and how his knees will hold up playing CF.

So taking that into account he's probably a corner outfielder at this point in his career, no? Hence playing him in CF everyday at $13M a year, he'd seemingly be out of position.