2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update on the last closer we were never going to be able to replace...\

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/reds...on:twit:cafardo

Red Sox reliever Bobby Jenks recently had a second spinal decompression procedure after experiencing discomfort following the first procedure in mid-December.

That means Jenks is unlikely to be ready for the start of spring training, according to a major league source.

Jenks, 30, experienced discomfort from bone fragments pressing against a nerve. They were removed in the first procedure at Massachusetts General Hospital. But after some healing, a new area of fragments was discovered, and they were removed at a Phoenix-area hospital.

The normal recovery time for the procedure is eight weeks, which would mean Jenks is back in the flow the first or second week of March.

The righthander is in the second year of a two-year, $12 million deal, and he has had a few medical issues since signing, including a pulmonary embolism that had to be treated before his first back surgery.

Jenks was the White Sox’ regular closer for five years before coming to Boston, where the Red Sox thought he would be their set-up man. While he showed good velocity in spring training and early last season, Jenks’s injury woes began early.

This offseason, the Red Sox have signed Mark Melancon, who closed for the Astros last season, and traded for Andrew Bailey, who closed for the A’s. Bailey also has a history of elbow issues.

While the Red Sox plan to experiment with Daniel Bard as a starter in spring training, a prolonged setback by Jenks or an injury to Bailey could send Bard back to the back end of the bullpen.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 02:06 PM)
Binder?

Assuming it is a Boras made brochure like form he shows teams to sell the player to an owner. I remember first hearing he did that in 01 with ARod

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 01:25 PM)
I can't believe he is still hanging on

Kevin_Goldstein Kevin Goldstein

Also to the Dodgers is former White Sox 3B prospect Josh Fields.

Maybe he found the answer to success?

Josh Fields @OkieFields

Anyone have any good recipes for juicing? Looking for something that tastes just a little bit better than grass.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 03:52 PM)
@jonmorosi

Jon Morosi

Miguel Cabrera pleads no contest to DUI, receives 1 yr probation, no jail time, 6-month license susp., $500 fine plus court costs. #Tigers

That's nothing! Athletes always getting away with s***!

Marlins reminds me a fantasy baseball team. You try to get as many decent players together as you can afford. Buehrle and Zambrano on the same team. That sounds like one of my past fantasy baseball teams. Marlins are going to be interesting to watch. Hope Rowand makes the team as a backup OF.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 07:51 PM)
Marlins reminds me a fantasy baseball team. You try to get as many decent players together as you can afford. Buehrle and Zambrano on the same team. That sounds like one of my past fantasy baseball teams. Marlins are going to be interesting to watch. Hope Rowand makes the team as a backup OF.

It disgusts me to see Buehrle and Zambrano in the same rotation.