2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 08:05 PM)
Please tell me your hate for Luke Scott isn't inspired by the Obama thing?

Even if it was, Luke Scott is an idiot.

I believe he also threw banana chips at Felix Pie. What he's done and said just makes him look like a racist southern hick.

Edited by chw42

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 08:10 PM)
Even if it was, Luke Scott is an idiot.

I believe he also threw banana chips at Felix Pie. What he's done and said just makes him look like a racist southern hick.

90% this, 10% Obama thing.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 09:57 PM)
90% this, 10% Obama thing.

I can see why some would be upset. As a darkie myself, I imagine he was just messing around. I've got Mexican friends and whenever we go out to get some quick grub they joke that I probably want to go to KFC or Popeyes. Because black people=fried chicken.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 10:09 PM)
I can see why some would be upset. As a darkie myself, I imagine he was just messing around. I've got Mexican friends and whenever we go out to get some quick grub they joke that I probably want to go to KFC or Popeyes. Because black people=fried chicken.

Oh, me and my friends joke about stuff like that too, but the banana chips to make him "not be a savage" coupled with the Obama thing just makes me think Scott is a racist.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 10:09 PM)

Stereotypes are far different than Luke Scott thinking Felix Pie is a some kind of a monkey.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-dad...-162022292.html

This girl used to do a lot of interviews with the White Sox in the past, right?

BTW, would KW go after Edwin Jackson on just another one year deal (like the Yankees are rumored) if they could unload Floyd for decent prospects? Still...probably not. However, stranger things have happened, and Edwin is clearly comfortable with COOPER.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 13, 2012 -> 01:41 PM)
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-dad...-162022292.html

This girl used to do a lot of interviews with the White Sox in the past, right?

BTW, would KW go after Edwin Jackson on just another one year deal (like the Yankees are rumored) if they could unload Floyd for decent prospects? Still...probably not. However, stranger things have happened, and Edwin is clearly comfortable with COOPER.

Yes. She works for Comcastsportsnet, and does a lot of post/pre-game stuff.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 13, 2012 -> 02:04 PM)
Did they ever convict her Dad of killing her mom? It seems like those cases just go away a few weeks after the murder occurs.

As far as I can tell, he's in jail and they haven't set a trial date yet.

If anyone knows more or different, please inform...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 13, 2012 -> 04:26 PM)
ChiTribRogers Phil Rogers

@BNightengale reports Rangers are meeting w/Prince Fielder today. He's perfect fit for The Ballpark. Makes even more sense that Pujols did.

definitely one way to respond to the Angels.

AA must be cringing to think he'll still have to compete with the Tigers, Angels, Rangers, Red Sox, Yankees and Rays.

No matter what he does, seems like an impossible task to overcome, and there's just no way a 3rd/4th or even 2nd place team will generate much excitement amount the TOR fans, who are still in a malaise/hangover from the glory years.

Will AA do an Ozzie and head to a team like Seattle, the Pirates, the Royals, etc., where he has a much more realistic shot at the post-season? Definitely not BALT. Dodgers or Mets?

Edited by caulfield12

jcrasnick Jerry Crasnick

The #Mariners are moving closer to a trade for a young impact hitter, two baseball sources confirmed.

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

jcrasnick Jerry Crasnick

It's a "significant trade,'' says one source. And Brandon League is not part of the return package.

56 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jan 13, 2012 -> 06:00 PM)
jcrasnick Jerry Crasnick

The #Mariners are moving closer to a trade for a young impact hitter, two baseball sources confirmed.

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

jcrasnick Jerry Crasnick

It's a "significant trade,'' says one source. And Brandon League is not part of the return package.

56 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

McCutchen maybe? Can't think of another young impact hitter that might be available where the trade would be considered significant. I guess Hanley would meet the criteria, but I can't believe the Marlins would even considering deal him. I could see the Pirates dealing McCutchen if blown away.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 13, 2012 -> 06:34 AM)
BNightengale Bob Nightengale

There really is no suspense. The All-Star Game will be at Citi Field in NY in 2013 and Target Field in Minneapolis in 2014 #MLB #twins #mets

Makes sense.

By my count if Oakland (or San Jose as it may be...) doesn't have a new stadium by 2016, there's no new AL stadiums to host a game (except Yankee Stadium but that won't work). However, in the NL, there's FIVE new stadiums that haven't hosted yet: Philly, San Diego, Miami (I'd guess they get the '15 game) Washington, and Cincinnati.

Baltimore (23 years in '16), Texas (21 years in '16) and Toronto (25 years in '16) held the game the longest ago in the AL. Rogers Centre is boring as s***. They'd need a new stadium before they get another game I'd guess. Same goes with Tampa Bay. There's no chance Tropicana Field gets an All-Star Game ever.

(Why do I care so much about this? I don't know haha)

QUOTE (Cali @ Jan 15, 2012 -> 06:17 PM)
Makes sense.

By my count if Oakland (or San Jose as it may be...) doesn't have a new stadium by 2016, there's no new AL stadiums to host a game (except Yankee Stadium but that won't work). However, in the NL, there's FIVE new stadiums that haven't hosted yet: Philly, San Diego, Miami (I'd guess they get the '15 game) Washington, and Cincinnati.

Baltimore (23 years in '16), Texas (21 years in '16) and Toronto (25 years in '16) held the game the longest ago in the AL. Rogers Centre is boring as s***. They'd need a new stadium before they get another game I'd guess. Same goes with Tampa Bay. There's no chance Tropicana Field gets an All-Star Game ever.

(Why do I care so much about this? I don't know haha)

It's been since 1990 for Wrigley too, iirc.