2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 25, 2012 -> 01:27 PM)
JonHeymanCBS Jon Heyman

#redsox made offer to oswalt but are unsure hed go since hes yet to accept. he rejected det. may prefer cinc, tex, stl

I'd imagine Heyman can take TEX out of there. Oswalt knows he's basically done, and chances are he's not going to go to the AL to get destroyed by the massively superior talent there.

http://boston.sbnation.com/boston-red-sox/...pended-50-games

Former Red Sox Pitcher Dustin Richardson Suspended 50 Games

by Jared Stegall • Jan 25, 2012 9:39 PM EST

Last season, Red Sox fans became very aware of starting pitcher Andrew Miller. Some believed he could be service project in Boston and could possibly even reach the potential he had right out of college as a first round pick. Well, that didn't happen.

Anyway, Sox fans got some shocking news about the man they traded to get Andrew Miller. On Tuesday, the MLB announced that former Red Sox lefty reliever and current free agent Dustin Richardson is suspended for 50 games for violating the Minor League policy on Drug Prevention and Treatment program.

Star-divide

According to reports, Richardson, 28, tested positive for a whole list of things: amphetamine, Letrozole and metabolite, Methandienone metabolite, Methenelone and metabolite, and Trenbolone and metabolite. Wow, now that's a violation I've ever seen one. Only if he's signed by a major league team, Richardson will be able to serve his 50-game suspension immediately.

Richardson pitched in the Braves and Marlins farms systems last season and did not see action in a major league game last season.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7507017/...eric-wedge-says

SEATTLE -- Seattle manager Eric Wedge says he's leaning toward moving Ichiro Suzuki out of the leadoff spot as a way to improve the Mariners' anemic offense.

During the Mariners' pre-spring training luncheon on Thursday, Wedge said he's not completely set on moving Suzuki from the spot he's held since he arrived from Japan in 2001. Wedge said he's considered the No. 2 and No. 3 spots in the Mariners batting order for Suzuki, while thinking about Dustin Ackley, Chone Figgins and Franklin Gutierrez as options for the leadoff role.

Suzuki is coming off the worst season of his career and is entering the final year of his contract with the Mariners. Suzuki hit .272 and failed to reach 200 hits for the first time in his career last season.

Reds general manager Walt Jocketty said the team will consider taking a flier on Dmitri Young.

Young, 38, has lost a lot of weight and is looking to return to MLB after a few years away from the game. It would only require a minor league deal for Young, who is a career .292/.351/.475 hitter, so there are worse low-risk gambles you could take. Dec 7 - 4:42 PM

Source: John Fay on Twitter

Youngs played some 3rd in his day how about we give him a shot in the Elder statesman role vacated by Omar

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 27, 2012 -> 07:03 AM)
I could see the Tigers doing that, they have no DH. I'm not benching Brent Morel for Dmitri Young. Ever.

Wow, I originally bolded this because I thought it was an error on your part...but it really is Dmitri!

Edited by iamshack