2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

StoneLarry Larry Stone

Ichiro's streak of Gold Gloves ends at 10. Right field finalists: Nick Markakis, Torii Hunter, Jeff Francoeur

to finish: No M's on Gold Glove finalist list.

Mariners have had Gold Glove winner every year since 1987, but streak is over. FInalists were announced today, and no M

CC's extension adds one year at $25 million for 2016. Also adds option for 2017 worth $25 million with a $5 million buyout. So basically, the Yankees end up piling on another $30 million to keep Sabathia. They should have never put the opt-out clause in there.

Ken_Rosenthal Ken Rosenthal

Sabathia 1-yr extension is for 2016. Deal now five years, $122M. $25M salary in 16 plus $5M buyout. Hence, $30M guarantee. #Yankees #MLB

3 minutes ago

I think C.J. Wilson goes to the NL and the Rangers sign Yu Darvish to replace him. The Red Sox will be desperate to get a starter, I think they'll go after Gio Gonzalez.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 06:41 PM)
CC's extension adds one year at $25 million for 2016. Also adds option for 2017 worth $25 million with a $5 million buyout. So basically, the Yankees end up piling on another $30 million to keep Sabathia. They should have never put the opt-out clause in there.

The opt out was the only way to get him to NY. He wanted a way out in case he didn't like it there. Remember where he had pitched before the Yankees wasn't exactly media central.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 1, 2011 -> 08:14 AM)
The opt out was the only way to get him to NY. He wanted a way out in case he didn't like it there. Remember where he had pitched before the Yankees wasn't exactly media central.

That was why it was such a surprise that he signed with the Yankees. Everyone figured he would want to avoid the media spotlight and maybe pitch closer to home near Oakland where he's from. Saying no to the Yankees money is easier said than done.

The Boston Red Sox have interviewed Philadelphia Phillies bench coach Pete Mackanin for their vacant managerial job.

Mackanin is meeting with the media at Fenway Park on Monday night.

The Red Sox are also scheduled to talk to Milwaukee Brewers hitting coach Dale Sveum this week.

I always love pronouncing/spelling Dale Sveum's name.

Buster_ESPN Buster Olney

Structure of the deal- w/vesting option tied to shoulder condition in 2017 -- suggests NYY have concerns about pre-condition in CC shoulder.

Yankees GM Brian Cashman spoke with Sabathia on the phone this morning,along with his agent;Sabathia made it clear he wanted deal completed.

Jon Heyman

not to bore folks with more details of cc (think im past that), but if 6th yr vests, he gets $142M (lee's 6 are worth $135M)

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 1, 2011 -> 10:50 AM)
He's going to win 300 games.

He would need at least 3 more season to do that, if not more. That would put him at 51 years old.

The question is, if he does reach 300 wins, is he a Hall of Famer? I still say no.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 1, 2011 -> 10:54 AM)
He would need at least 3 more season to do that, if not more. That would put him at 51 years old.

The question is, if he does reach 300 wins, is he a Hall of Famer? I still say no.

Absolutely not, but he won't get there anyway.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 1, 2011 -> 10:46 AM)
Ken_Rosenthal Ken Rosenthal

Jamie Moyer threw for scouts last Thursday in SD area. Reports from scouts excellent. Nearly a year removed from TJ. Turns 49 Nov. 18.

I want him to pitch until he's 50. I really do. When Franco was still going strong, I thought he'd do it.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 1, 2011 -> 10:54 AM)

Not a chance in hell. I don't think he'd even come close. But, he'd get to go down in history (I think) as the only 300 game winner not in the Hall Of Fame.

He's 33 wins away. It's probably not going to happen, but that could be done in two seasons.

If he stays healthy and latches on to the right situation, I think he could do it in about 2.5 years. Before he went down halfway through the 2010 season with the injury, he already had 9 wins. That was the first year since 1995 that he did not win atleast 11 games in a season.

And he is absolutely not a Hall of Famer. It would be entirely possible that he would have allowed more homers than all but 11 players have hit in their entire careers. He's already the leader in that category and has nowhere to go but up.