2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 18, 2012 -> 12:08 PM)
Batting practice, to me, is one of the coolest things to watch. I love watching infield/batting practice and it is also one of the best things about spring training. Especially when you get to catch a great player during BP. Some of my greatest memories were watching Bonds and McGwire taking BP just crushing moon shots.

I love watching BP. To me, it is a part of the baseball experience. It sets the mood for the game. I hate getting into a game just in time for the first pitch. I want to get there two hours early, grab a brat, and watch BP. It gets me into a game day state of mind

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Feb 21, 2012 -> 01:18 AM)
Anyone else follow Brandon McCarthy? Dude is pretty damn funny. Seems like a fun dude to hang out with.

Brandon McCarthy

@BMcCarthy32

"Well if you didn't want to get farted on, you shouldn't have tried to cuddle," I said to kick off Monday night's fight.

Haha...?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 21, 2012 -> 02:27 AM)
Haha...?

Lol, well I thought it was funny. We seem to have a similar sense of humor. I also like how his info says "My wife says to say I am married".

Also....

Brandon McCarthy @BMcCarthy32

Is 'Kitchen Nightmares' a reality show about my wife?

@Mrs_McCarthy32 FYI everytime we get in an argument, I run upstairs and fart on your pillow.

If GPS devices can avoid sketchy areas now, I don't think it's too much to ask for my cable box to avoid 'Whitney'.

And in reference to the Super Bowl bird by M.I.A., and how everyone overreacted....

Sorry haven't been tweeting today, but I'm only just coming around after seeing a middle finger on my TV yesterday.

I put a 10 dollar prop bet that a player will slip on one of the Three Musketeer wrappers that Cee-Lo left behind.

Super Bowl Sunday is my yearly reminder that I don't understand roman numerals.

Brandon and Lillibridge are probably my favorite baseball tweeters.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-leag...-222542471.html

Mariano Rivera says he knows the future. He's just not telling.

Rivera dropped strong hints to reporters on Monday that this will be his final season and even said he's already made up his mind about playing beyond 2012.

So, that decision is?

"I won't say today," said Rivera, who claimed to have made his choice a few weeks ago. "During the year. It could be tomorrow, it could be August. I will definitely let you know ... I won't let you know now, but I know."

This is the reporter's equivalent of a broken bat chopper back to the mound.

But when you've racked up that many saves (a record 603 and counting), and have been playing so long that no one else in the league wears your uniform number because it was retired for Jackie Robinson 15 years ago, you're allowed time to make up your mind. And change it. And change it back. Rivera said he'll let the world know when it's time. But rest assured, he knows already.

"It doesn't depend on how I'm going to pitch," Rivera said. "I've made my decision already. The decision will be made on, 'I've had enough.' That's on what I'll make the decision."

He's slipping through tenses like H.G. Wells in "The Time Machine." Mariano really is the "Sandman." But it does sound like Rivera, who is 42 years old and entering his 18th season in the majors, has had enough.

Reporter Marc Carig of the Newark Star-Ledger uploaded audio of Rivera's conversation at Steinbrenner Field in order to give us context and more hints. Here's what you might take away: Rivera misses his family more and more each spring training he's away. "It's still hard," Rivera said. "Definitely still hard. If you asked me if I were ready to go to spring training yesterday, I'd say, 'No. I don't want to go there.' But I'm here. I'm here and doing what I have to do.

"It's not because I don't want to be there. It's really all about separation from the family."

Rivera admitted to mentally going down the retirement road a few times before — perhaps seven or eight times — and changing his mind after being sure he would quit. And no amount of success or money will change his mind. This time.

"Even if I save 90 games," Rivera said. "Even if they want pay me much more than I want. Anything. This one is different. This is it. It's — how do you say it? Irrevocable."

So, he's retiring for sure!

Not so fast. But he'll let us know when he does.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 21, 2012 -> 12:59 PM)
Apparently the apple doesn't tweet far from the tree

Ozzie Guillen Jr @oguillenjr

Extra hitting gonna shag balls for the guy. @Oneyguillen just got done hitting some fungus to the guys

Oney hits mushrooms?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Feb 21, 2012 -> 01:18 AM)
Anyone else follow Brandon McCarthy? Dude is pretty damn funny. Seems like a fun dude to hang out with.

Brandon McCarthy

@BMcCarthy32

"Well if you didn't want to get farted on, you shouldn't have tried to cuddle," I said to kick off Monday night's fight.

This is one of the reasons Ozzie didn't like him. He didn't take anything seriously especially his preparation (too much nightlife) for game days.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Feb 21, 2012 -> 02:58 PM)
This is one of the reasons Ozzie didn't like him. He didn't take anything seriously especially his preparation (too much nightlife) for game days.

Yeah, and we all know Ozzie takes EVERYTHING seriously. Do as I say, not as I do, I guess.