2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cali @ Mar 26, 2012 -> 02:40 PM)
So baseball, lots of ballplayers are rich and stubborn. Instead of doing something to fix what's causing your injury you just fall back on surgery.

There is no doubt in my mind Stras will get hurt again in his career. Probably TJ again. Which sucks cause his stuff is fun to watch...

Part of the problem is that he couldn't throw some of his stuff without the poor mechanics. If he corrects it, he'll have fewer problems but the stuff won't be there.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 25, 2012 -> 08:57 PM)
I didn't see this anywhere else, but this is a great read on pitching mechanics and tommy john surgery, including ridiculuing the idea of a problem by Cooper.

It's a great article. They're right, it's near impossible to change it at the major league level. The time to catch it is in the minors. The clubs are much more likely to listen then. I've been to many courses at ASMI and this is where most of the good research happens. They've been collecting data on pitchers in spring training for 15 years. They're database is second to none in baseball.

Ken Rosenthal ‏ @Ken_Rosenthal

Source: Lucroy five-year extension with #Brewers will be for more than $11 million. #MLB

Tom ‏ @Haudricourt

The #Brewers' extension with catcher Jonathan Lucroy, first reported by @Ken_Rosenthal, is for five years. Covers all Super 2 arbitration.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Mar 27, 2012 -> 05:29 AM)
Part of the problem is that he couldn't throw some of his stuff without the poor mechanics. If he corrects it, he'll have fewer problems but the stuff won't be there.

Which is why he never will...

Unless he keeps getting hurt (which he probably will) and is forced to, but it may be too late at that point

Sergio Santos pitched one scoreless inning Saturday afternoon against the Braves. It was his first action in a Grapefruit League game since March 7. Toronto's closer has been physically fine all spring, but the club wanted him to work exclusively in bullpen sessions and Minor League games for a period of time to prepare for the start of the regular season. Santos utilized a changeup while with the White Sox last season, but he mostly relied on his fastball-slider combination. The changeup is a pitch he would like to use on a more frequent basis this year, and it needed some extra work.

I know everyone hates when people talk about their fantasy teams, so this'll be worse but it's baffling.

My friend asked me to advise him for his frats fantasy league, so I figured why not, not much time commitment.

He asks today if he should trade Mike/Giancarlo Stanton for James Shields. I said no. Then Alex Gordon for James Shields was what the guy asked for next.

I said "Ask for Gordon + one of your pitchers (Beachy, Hudson, Floyd, Zimmermann) for Kershaw" from the guy.

The guy ended up trading him Kershaw for Alex Gordon, straight up. I don't understand.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 28, 2012 -> 05:25 PM)
I know everyone hates when people talk about their fantasy teams, so this'll be worse but it's baffling.

My friend asked me to advise him for his frats fantasy league, so I figured why not, not much time commitment.

He asks today if he should trade Mike/Giancarlo Stanton for James Shields. I said no. Then Alex Gordon for James Shields was what the guy asked for next.

I said "Ask for Gordon + one of your pitchers (Beachy, Hudson, Floyd, Zimmermann) for Kershaw" from the guy.

The guy ended up trading him Kershaw for Alex Gordon, straight up. I don't understand.

Wow, that's pretty awful. I was just able to pull off a Rafael Betancourt + Brandon Inge for Chris Sale deal, but that pales in comparison to your buddy.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 28, 2012 -> 05:34 PM)
Wow, that's pretty awful. I was just able to pull off a Rafael Betancourt + Brandon Inge for Chris Sale deal, but that pales in comparison to your buddy.

I can't believe that didn't get veto'd by the league.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 28, 2012 -> 06:47 PM)
I can't believe that didn't get veto'd by the league.

Mine or his? For mine, we used the excuse that we just wanted our favorite players. The girl I traded with is a big Tigers fan. It's a league w/ everyone from my baseball class, so there are couple girls in it, and a handful of people who don't know too much about baseball. I'm expecting to do really well in this league.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 28, 2012 -> 06:02 PM)
Mine or his? For mine, we used the excuse that we just wanted our favorite players. The girl I traded with is a big Tigers fan. It's a league w/ everyone from my baseball class, so there are couple girls in it, and a handful of people who don't know too much about baseball. I'm expecting to do really well in this league.

Kershaw for Gordon.

The responses are the best.

Dan Davis ‏ @Dan_Davis1

@JoseCanseco seriously?

David Waks David Waks ‏ @davidwaks

@JoseCanseco Seriously? Vice President Gore is alive and well, buddy. Too busy doing steroids to go on Wikipedia?

peter radiuk peter radiuk ‏ @marinersjets

@JoseCanseco How freaking stupid are you? Al Gore is more alive than you have ever been!

S.B. S.B. ‏ @ItsNotStephen

@JoseCanseco hahaha f*** you

Hoody Hoo Hoody Hoo ‏ @HoodyHoo76

@JoseCanseco ummm... Al Gore isn't dead, is he?