2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marc Topkin ‏ @TBTimes_Rays

Appears #Rays Hellickson taken out of stadium on a cart

#Rays Hellickson was not bleeding + did not lose consciousness, Maddon said. Taken to area hospital.

From what #Rays players are saying, Hellickson was hit on side of head by a ball

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 10:49 PM)
They're lineup is awful, they won't even make the playoffs.

They're missing two of the better hitters in the NL...Howard will be back in a month or two, and then hopefully Utley for the second half.

They'll be fine.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 09:47 PM)
Rumor is that his velocity is way down. Are we looking at the long predicted injury?

I think he's started out slowly the last few years...although this was his shortest start of his career.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 12, 2012 -> 08:28 AM)
They're missing two of the better hitters in the NL...Howard will be back in a month or two, and then hopefully Utley for the second half.

They'll be fine.

There is a good chance Utley will never be right again. Howard is also coming back from a brutal injury.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 12, 2012 -> 09:28 AM)

They'll be fine.

Utley just seems so far along this "Degenerative" path for whatever his legs are doing...even if they get him back, I kinda wonder what he'll give them.

Victorino, Howard, Pence, Rollins, Polonco, and Ruiz is the makings of a decent lineup though. What happened to Domonic Brown? Is he hurt?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 12, 2012 -> 08:32 AM)
Utley just seems so far along this "Degenerative" path for whatever his legs are doing...even if they get him back, I kinda wonder what he'll give them.

Victorino, Howard, Pence, Rollins, Polonco, and Ruiz is the makings of a decent lineup though. What happened to Domonic Brown? Is he hurt?

Yeah, Utley's career is in jeopardy, but I think he'll give them another good year or year and a half.

Brown is fighting through injuries himself...thumb and neck injuries...he's down in AAA right now trying to get in the groove.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 12, 2012 -> 08:32 AM)

The Phillies seem to be too stubborn about being in "win-now" mode to give Domonic Brown a real shot in the majors and go through some growing pains.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 13, 2012 -> 04:23 PM)
But what does he think about Obama?

Someone made a joke about Scott wanting to see the birth certificate of Fenway to prove it is 100.