2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 1, 2012 -> 08:50 AM)
I think he is being Caufield and imagining the Rangers had they not traded AGon to San Diego 7 years ago or whatever...

Well, that's a realistic scenario.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 1, 2012 -> 07:37 AM)
Can't imagine how good the Rangers would be with Adrian Gonzalez.

Pretty much unfair for the rest of MLB.

AGon makes about $20 million more than their current 1st baseman, so I doubt the rest of their roster would look the exact same

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 1, 2012 -> 09:04 AM)
AGon makes about $20 million more than their current 1st baseman, so I doubt the rest of their roster would look the exact same

Probably would mean Ogando in the rotation instead of Yu Darvish.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 30, 2012 -> 07:57 AM)
When Frank Thomas was 32 (same age as Pujols), that was the 2000 season. He was robbed of an MVP award by a guy who was more synthetic testosterone than man.

When Frank Thomas was 33, he put up a .758 OPS on the season...because he tore a biceps tendon and played ~20 games.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 30, 2012 -> 06:17 AM)
This is when Thomas started struggling in his career too, give or take a year. Pujols may be more similar than we think.

If his career continues to mirror Thomas at all, that is going to be one of the worst contracts of all time.

I'm allowed leeway, right? Thomas was dogs*** in '98 and '99, relative to the rest of his career, and he was 30 and 31 in those seasons. You are nitpicking.

----

Hell of a game in Toronto tonight. Know what made it better? Jose Bautista.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 2, 2012 -> 03:38 AM)
(How) can the Phillies make the playoffs with THAT hitting?

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/i...yoff-team-maybe

They have to get Howard and Utley back at some point. That's really the only answer. If Howard and Utley missed the entire year, I'd think most philly phans would say that they were in a lot of trouble.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ May 2, 2012 -> 11:20 AM)
I'm basking in the Albert Pujols results one month into the season. Couldn't have happened to a better guy. It's foolish to think this continues for much longer, but I appreciate each and every day that it does.

Everyone's favorite base-stealer Dee Gordon hit one of the facade of the 2nd deck at Coors yesterday. He is now out-homering Pujols as well.

Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports that the Red Sox will sign right-hander Mark Prior.

Prior hasn't pitched in the majors since 2006 and was limited to just 12 innings in the Yankees' farm system last season due to a wide variety of injuries, including shoulder discomfort, a groin issue and a bruised forearm. The 31-year-old required sports hernia surgery during the offseason, but he's aiming for one final comeback.

Greg Walker made Chipper Jones into the Hall of Fame performer he is today.

That Phillies/Braves game has to be one of the 3 best of the season, if not THE best. The Harper debut game was great, too, and the Yankees/Red Sox comeback in Fenway.