LET'S MAKE A LIST OCTOBER '11 - FAVORITE SPORTS MOVIES

knightni

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 1, 2011 -> 09:50 PM)
Maybe not 500x, but it's way more difficult. The average person is a much better bowler than they are a golfer. Plus, bowling is repeating the same exact thing for the majority of the game - 10 pins, same shot, nothing changes. You don't have the same exact shot in golf very often, if ever. There are plenty of things you can list that have "a very specific set of skills" but it doesn't make them require the skill golf does.

I admit that I have never actually golfed except for mini-putt but I can't imagine that golf is that much more difficult than bowling. At least to the degree you're taking it.

Bowling isn't the exact same shot every time. The oil actually changes/moves the more you throw. You have to adjust your shot accordingly. In golf if you play the same course multiple times the tee shot will be the same every time except for the wind.

As far as the average person, being a better bowler than a golfer, I don't even know how you would judge something like that.

If you take someone that's not a regular bowler and let them bowl a game they might get a score around 100. Which is pretty bad. I'd guess the average league bowler would be somewhere between 160 and 180. Although I know people that have been bowling 20+ years and can't get their average above the 130s.

I'm guessing we are both under-estimating the difficulty of the opposite sport.