2011 World Series Thread

Milkman delivers

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 27, 2011 -> 11:44 PM)
No doubt. No other game even comes close.

I think Freese just wrapped up the MVP if the Cardinals win it, but they'd likely just go with the obvious guy in Pujols.

I think you have to give it to Freese...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 27, 2011 -> 11:36 PM)
That's true, he carried them in the ALCS...but man, that was clearly a ball he should have caught. If you're going to say this game should be over because of something other than ineffective bullpen pitching, than it is Cruz's play much more than any strategical move which has impacted this game.

Ron's decision to use holland was his worst, and one I was questioning hard at the time. Didn't cost them the game, but it might cost them the series.

Edited by MAX

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Oct 27, 2011 -> 10:54 PM)
I'm sad that it's over and I have to think about being at work in eight hours.

Ya. I couldn't care less about either of these teams but there's no way I can go to sleep right now, too much adrenaline, that was too much fun.

QUOTE (MAX @ Oct 27, 2011 -> 11:51 PM)
Ron's decision to use holland was his worst, and one I was questioning hard at the time. Didn't cost them the game, but it might cost them the series.

I'm pretty sure it was already decided that Harrison would start Game 7...so if he had already made up his mind about that, I don't see using Holland as a bad move.

QUOTE (MAX @ Oct 27, 2011 -> 11:59 PM)
Its worth noting that it did say "see you tomorrow night" on a giant screen in right field at the time.

Yeah, I would have preferred him to have something to distinguish this from that. Now you're going to have the same call for two of the great world series moments? Kind of lame.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 28, 2011 -> 12:01 AM)
I'm pretty sure it was already decided that Harrison would start Game 7...so if he had already made up his mind about that, I don't see using Holland as a bad move.

I would say that two wrongs don't make a right, but I guess it remains to be seen if starting harrison over holland is a good move.