2011 World Series Thread

Milkman delivers

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 28, 2011 -> 07:04 AM)
Wow, what a game. It's funny how a game that was played poorly on so many levels will be considered such a classic.

Thrilling...Memorable...Clutch AB's late....yes.

But it was not a well-played baseball game. Poor defense, baserunning, and game management. A lot of it was a complete mess.

Hopefully tonight Harrison and Carpenter do the bulk of the pitching tonight and it's just as thrilling.

Go Rangers.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 28, 2011 -> 08:08 AM)
Been pulling for the Cardinals the whole post season but would love for them to win just so Cardinal fans could say, "Congrats on that Theo Epstein hire, Cubs. All we did was win another World Series this week."

That's the best part of this whole run.

QUOTE (Tex @ Oct 28, 2011 -> 07:12 AM)
Sucks that one team has to lose. I really hope for a well played game where one team goes out and wins it, no scapegoats, no errors, no fluky crap or bad calls.

See, I want the complete opposite. I just don't give a f*** about either of these teams so I want complete and utter chaos.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 28, 2011 -> 08:15 AM)
See, I want the complete opposite. I just don't give a f*** about either of these teams so I want complete and utter chaos.

If the Rangers didn't lose the Series last year, I wouldn't feel as bad. It's just so hard to get there, and they've never won a championship before. They may not get this opportunity for a long time even though they got there two years in a row.

According to the invaluable website WhoWins.com, 41 previous home teams had trailed by three runs after seven innings in any best-of-seven postseason series -- and only one of them had ever come back to win. That was the 2008 Red Sox, against Tampa Bay, in Game 5 of the ALCS. So obviously, no team had ever survived a mess like this and won in a World Series game.
Stark

Yeah to make the point of how unique that was last night...

ChiTribRogers Phil Rogers

If you haven't had a chance to do the math, the #rangers led 5 times w/o winning Game 6. Three leads got away before those in the 9th, 10th.

BNightengale Bob Nightengale

Oh, by the way, that was the highest-scoring Game 6 in World Series history last night with 19 runs, surpassing the 1936 #WORLDSERIES.

ESPNStatsInfo ESPN Stats & Info

This will be the 38th game of the postseason, matching the mark for most games in a postseason, done previously in 2003. #ESPN #MLB

ESPNStatsInfo ESPN Stats & Info

Elias Says David Freese is 1st player in World Series history with a game-tying RBI in 9th & game-winning RBI in extras

Today, 12:34 AM

OzzieGuillen: Just cause its not good played game doesn't mean it cant be exciting people

Today, 12:30 AM

OzzieGuillen: Told u before we were excited now u see why

Yesterday, 11:55 PM

OzzieGuillen: Wuaoooooo crazy game

Yesterday, 11:53 PM

OzzieGuillen: Oh my god this is crazy

Yesterday, 11:27 PM

OzzieGuillen: This not a good game

Ozzie is doing color on ESPN's WS broadcast to Latin America and doing tweets at the same time...who says OG can't multi-task...

Awesome game last night, I was so sure Texas was gonna win after all those times they kept grabbing the lead.

Go Cards

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 28, 2011 -> 06:45 AM)
If only the Rangers had signed Jermaine Dye as a RF defensive replacement because he makes extraordinary plays that most players look easy, the Rangers would have won the World Series with the most clutch catch of all time.

If you didn't understand what I was implying, I'm suggesting that Jermaine Dye would have made that catch. Pretty easily too.

Nerves got the best of Cruz because he was too afraid that he was going to overrun that ball when it turned out he was actually short. A RF who makes good reads on balls makes that catch. Thus, Jermaine Dye makes that catch.

---

My dad, an avid Twins fan, said that Freese is like Puckett. There are quite a few differences, namely Freese not saying before game 6 "jump on my back and I'll carry you home" or something to that extent. And he is quite clearly not the best player on the entire Cardinals team. But when the time came, he was there at all points. Oh, and he's got that whole "20th anniversary of 'The Call'" (and yes, I'm sure there are other times where 'The Call' is appropriate, but that Puckett game takes the cake in my mind) going for him too.

Oh, and to anybody who dislikes Joe Buck using "The Call"...you suck. That was an incredible moment and there was nothing better that could have been said, Cardinals homer (Buck, not Freese) or not. If he had been typical Joe Buck, he would have said "and a long drive to center and this one is gone and the cardinals win."

Yeah, I'll take the tribute to his father.

I agree.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 28, 2011 -> 07:04 AM)
Wow, what a game. It's funny how a game that was played poorly on so many levels will be considered such a classic.

That's why I don't think it's close to the best ones (the very best being Game 7 in 2001). It was fun as all hell, but it was poorly played.