2011 World Series Thread

Milkman delivers

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a very good game last night, one of the best ever. But for me, 2005 game 2 is THE best non-clinching game I have ever seen. Back and forth, epic strike outs of a future hall of famer by both Neal Cotts and rookie sensation Bobby Jenks, the ridiculous grand slam on the first pitch by Konerko and then the unlikely walk off bomb by a slap hitting lead-off man. Man that s*** was good.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 28, 2011 -> 01:26 PM)
It was a very good game last night, one of the best ever. But for me, 2005 game 2 is THE best non-clinching game I have ever seen. Back and forth, epic strike outs of a future hall of famer by both Neal Cotts and rookie sensation Bobby Jenks, the ridiculous grand slam on the first pitch by Konerko and then the unlikely walk off bomb by a slap hitting lead-off man. Man that s*** was good.

That game makes me happy.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 28, 2011 -> 06:26 PM)

Are you combining game 1 and 2? Jenks struck out Bagwell in game 1

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 28, 2011 -> 07:36 PM)
Didnt he also do that in game 2 in the 8th inning and then blow it in the 9th? Maybe I am blurring it a bit.

Nope, if my memory is correct, Cliff P. got the 8th in game 2. Bagwell led off the 9th against Jenks in game 2 with a blooper that, SHOCKINGLY, Rowand misplayed.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 28, 2011 -> 01:40 PM)
Nope, if my memory is correct, Cliff P. got the 8th in game 2. Bagwell led off the 9th against Jenks in game 2 with a blooper that, SHOCKINGLY, Rowand misplayed.

Ah yes. Game one was "The best pure power in the major leagues comes from the right arm of Bobby Jenks" or something like that.

Funny because I was actually at game 2. Neal got out of a jam in game 2 with 2 k's.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 28, 2011 -> 06:41 PM)
Ah yes. Game one was "The best pure power in the major leagues comes from the right arm of Bobby Jenks" or something like that.

Funny because I was actually at game 2. Neal got out of a jam in game 2 with 2 k's.

Rock, were you drunk at game 2? Cotts bailed out Jenks in the 9th by getting Lamb to fly out. The two strikeouts took place in game 1 prior to Jenks' strikeout of Bagwell.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 28, 2011 -> 03:18 PM)
This man and his horde of rabid fellators are making me root incredibly hard against the Rangers.

Yup. I actually like a good amount of players on Texas but Hamilton literally makes me hate the whole team.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 28, 2011 -> 04:18 PM)
This man and his horde of rabid fellators are making me root incredibly hard against the Rangers.

I can find a player or two on every team, including the White Sox, that I can't stand. Hamilton is one of them, but it's not going to prevent me from rooting for them. It's good for baseball when new teams win their first championships. And considering they lost it last year, and it's so difficult to get there, I really hope the Rangers win it tonight....then I'll root against them next year when they have Prince Fielder.

QUOTE (flavum @ Oct 28, 2011 -> 06:12 PM)
I can find a player or two on every team, including the White Sox, that I can't stand. Hamilton is one of them, but it's not going to prevent me from rooting for them. It's good for baseball when new teams win their first championships. And considering they lost it last year, and it's so difficult to get there, I really hope the Rangers win it tonight....then I'll root against them next year when they have Prince Fielder.

It's possible but I find it hard to believe the Rangers can pull another contract like that out of their hat unless someone takes the next 2/$32 for Young off their hands. Their opening day salary rose by 70% this year compared to last year, they lose some guys that will actually hurt (CJ, Oliver), they don't have any bad contracts that are ending to free space...and next year is the last year of Josh Hamilton's deal and Napoli's final arbitration year, they could really use to extend both.