Ozzie Fires Back

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 02:55 PM)
Anyway...

Do we all agree that it was pretty classless of Ozzie to smear Coop like that in the press?

People are always like: oh, that Ozzie! Saying whatever's on his mind! You know, that's great but let's be honest: that doesn't mean he has any class.

Like in this instance.

I don't think anyone has ever claimed Ozzie has class. Anyone claiming Ozzie has any class need just look to the words that came out his mouth when the Sox no longer wanted him as a player... or when he called Jay Marriotti a f**, or his dropping curse words in press conferences. He doesn't give a s***.

I don't care either. Dude did a good job with the 2005 club. It came to a boil like almost every other time someone leaves the organization.

There's a reason people get so upset when the White Sox are ready to part with them, and it's probably because Jerry runs a clean organization and treats you like one of his own, so when it's time to go (or when he can't show you loyalty with an extension) it turns into a sibling pissing match between whoever is leaving and whoever is staying.

Ozzie was on the other side when Magglio wasn't offered a contract. He had a lot of things to say about that "Venezualan Piece of Sh*t" (oh that classy Ozzie!). It is what it is. People hate leaving or being forced to leave the White Sox normally. Sadly, Ozzie has no class, so he's making a big stinking public deal about it. You know he absolutely adores the stage he has to explain himself on Baseball Tonight.

Edited by Steve9347

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 03:06 PM)
I don't think anyone has ever claimed Ozzie has class. Anyone claiming Ozzie has any class need just look to the words that came out his mouth when the Sox no longer wanted him as a player... or when he called Jay Marriotti a f**, or his dropping curse words in press conferences. He doesn't give a s***.

I don't care either. Dude did a good job with the 2005 club. It came to a boil like almost every other time someone leaves the organization.

There's a reason people get so upset when the White Sox are ready to part with them, and it's probably because Jerry runs a clean organization and treats you like one of his own, so when it's time to go (or when he can't show you loyalty with an extension) it turns into a sibling pissing match between whoever is leaving and whoever is staying.

Ozzie was on the other side when Magglio wasn't offered a contract. He had a lot of things to say about that "Venezualan Piece of Sh*t" (oh that classy Ozzie!). It is what it is. People hate leaving or being forced to leave the White Sox normally. Sadly, Ozzie has no class, so he's making a big stinking public deal about it. You know he absolutely adores the stage he has to explain himself on Baseball Tonight.

You mean "Hollywood" Guillen, right?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 10:36 PM)
Whistle-Blower in White Sox Latin American Bonus Skimming Case Revealed[/b]

The whistle-blower is Rafael Santana, 52, a Sox scout in the Dominican Republic and a former shortstop who was on the Mets’ 1986 championship team.

Mr. Santana, who could not be reached, told Mr. Reinsdorf he was disturbed when he heard that David Wilder, who was then senior director of player personnel for the White Sox, forced young Dominicans to kick back portions of their signing bonuses.

Mr. Santana’s boss was Mr. Wilder, so the perils of truth-telling were clear. Nervous, Mr. Santana sought advice from Jim Snyder, a respected organization veteran who was a special assistant for the team’s minor league coaches.

Mr. Snyder called Mr. Reinsdorf. "He said I had to talk to our head guy in the Dominican, Rafael Santana, about something bad happening down there," Mr. Reinsdorf said.

In late February 2008, they met in Tucson, then the Sox’s spring training site. "He told me that players told him they were forced to give Wilder some of their signing bonus," Mr. Reinsdorf said.

He quickly called Robert DuPuy, then the president and chief operating officer of Major League Baseball, and Sheldon Zenner, a former federal prosecutor and partner at the team’s Chicago law firm, Katten Muchin Rosenman L.L.P.

you know what's funny about this? wilder still sits front row behind visitor on deck circle with his fat a** world series ring on at a lot of home games. i tried to talk to the dude. he is the biggest scum bag in the world. you can pretty much tell from looking at the guy.

QUOTE (jhonnydanks @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 05:05 PM)
you know what's funny about this? wilder still sits front row behind visitor on deck circle with his fat a** world series ring on at a lot of home games. i tried to talk to the dude. he is the biggest scum bag in the world. you can pretty much tell from looking at the guy.

That's funny because he basically claimed he was indigent in his last hearing/court appearance.

Wilder at one point owned six homes in the Phoenix area before selling two, according to records. Records also show he made about $185,000 in 2007. Last month, Wilder filed a petition with Family Court in Arizona seeking to lower his child support payments. He indicated he was making $7.25 an hour, or roughly $15,000 a year.

Supposedly, he lives in San Francicsco now.

Not sure who got him the White Sox tickets. Let's hope it wasn't KW.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 21, 2011 -> 12:37 AM)
Hmmm by the definition of objective, Oz haters aren't objective either.

I don't hate Ozzie, and I still don't have my head up my ass as far as you do regarding his departure.