Ozzie Fires Back

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 07:38 PM)
I can only imagine this crazy clubhouse where spies are needed. Rios doing lines off a strippers boobs. AJ and MB playing beer pong. Sale and Beckham pulling 6 ft bongs. Ramirez and Viciedo sacrificing a goat next to their Santeria shrine. JFP riding around naked on a painted pony with a bottle of Wild Turkey in an Indian headdress. And Sergio carrying a little cooler screaming "tamale! tamale!." Oh, the insanity.
:lolhitting

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 01:38 PM)
I can only imagine this crazy clubhouse where spies are needed. Rios doing lines off a strippers boobs. AJ and MB playing beer pong. Sale and Beckham pulling 6 ft bongs. Ramirez and Viciedo sacrificing a goat next to their Santeria shrine. JFP riding around naked on a painted pony with a bottle of Wild Turkey in an Indian headdress. And Sergio carrying a little cooler screaming "tamale! tamale!." Oh, the insanity.

No wonder Cowley is pissed that they don't let him into the clubhouse anymore.

That picture put a smile on my face. Thank you sir.

QUOTE (SI1020 @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 01:11 PM)
Yeah isn't that something? Cooper is a snitch and a rat and a witch for trying to get a new contract when his was about to expire. Ozzie is a saint for wanting an extension when he was guaranteed at least 2012. You know that Reinsdorf in his love for one of his two favorite sons would have given that extension if Ozzie had put his nose to the grindstone and at least tried to get his team to rebound.

You sir, are amazing.

What I wrote was a journalist (notice it doesn't say a specific name, nor did the post I quoted) should not inject themselves into the story by challenging someone. They should attempt to verity what was said and interview other experts. It is impossible for a journalist to be more of an expert than the person they are usually interviewing. They should not be challenging, the should be questioning, verifying, and looking for confirmation.

Also, I never said Cowley did any of this stuff.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 01:24 PM)
Notice the change just since yesterday?

http://www.csnchicago.com/blog/whitesox-ta...tm_medium=email

It's disappointing that Ozzie thinks people are foolish enough to believe his obvious spin and lies. It's even more disappointing that there are actually people who believe it.

I can get past the mild racism, as that was hilarious.

Here's something for you, Marty.

List as many "good" things about KW or the job he's done since becoming the GM in 2001 as you can think of.

I'll do the same for Ozzie.

Just want to see if you have the ability to be objective (or not).

You keep saying you haven't unduly supported Ozzie and that you agree/d he should be fired, fine...fair enough.

QUOTE (La Marr Hoyt HOF @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 10:27 PM)
2005 White Sox, win because of pitching ... number one starter, Yankees reject and headcase, 'the Count' .... Ozzie go f^ck yourself. Cant wait for you to suck with the Marlins

Marty/Cowley..."Contreras lost the only game in the 2005 post-season to the unforgettable force of nature that is Paul Byrd of the Fu-Manchu Dynasty."

Greg/Marty, here's another one for you...do you think that Rafael Santana is a rat or did the right thing for the White Sox organization???

Whistle-Blower in White Sox Latin American Bonus Skimming Case Revealed

The whistle-blower is Rafael Santana, 52, a Sox scout in the Dominican Republic and a former shortstop who was on the Mets’ 1986 championship team.

Mr. Santana, who could not be reached, told Mr. Reinsdorf he was disturbed when he heard that David Wilder, who was then senior director of player personnel for the White Sox, forced young Dominicans to kick back portions of their signing bonuses.

Mr. Santana’s boss was Mr. Wilder, so the perils of truth-telling were clear. Nervous, Mr. Santana sought advice from Jim Snyder, a respected organization veteran who was a special assistant for the team’s minor league coaches.

Mr. Snyder called Mr. Reinsdorf. "He said I had to talk to our head guy in the Dominican, Rafael Santana, about something bad happening down there," Mr. Reinsdorf said.

In late February 2008, they met in Tucson, then the Sox’s spring training site. "He told me that players told him they were forced to give Wilder some of their signing bonus," Mr. Reinsdorf said.

He quickly called Robert DuPuy, then the president and chief operating officer of Major League Baseball, and Sheldon Zenner, a former federal prosecutor and partner at the team’s Chicago law firm, Katten Muchin Rosenman L.L.P.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 10:40 PM)
Why are you singling me out for my objectivity?

Because if you're really a White Sox fan, and don't have an axe to grind, it should be easy to list good points about Kenny Williams.

And, if you'll notice the last post, I also included the ubiquitous Greg since he called Cooper a rat/squealer, so I found a similar situation where an employee of the Sox went over the head of his direct boss at risk to his own career.

Do you want me to start off with a short list of Ozzie Guillen "positives"?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 12:16 AM)
Because if you're really a White Sox fan, and don't have an axe to grind, it should be easy to list good points about Kenny Williams.

And, if you'll notice the last post, I also included the ubiquitous Greg since he called Cooper a rat/squealer, so I found a similar situation where an employee of the Sox went over the head of his direct boss at risk to his own career.

Do you want me to start off with a short list of Ozzie Guillen "positives"?

I am far from the least objective poster here.

QUOTE (shlammajamma @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 10:20 AM)
people on soxtalk are god awful at dealing with trolls...

here's a hint: don't respond.

-Troll posts something trolly

-5 people reply

-Troll replies something even more trolly

-5 different people reply

-Rinse and repeat for almost every thread

Edited by Jenksy Cat

Anyway...

Do we all agree that it was pretty classless of Ozzie to smear Coop like that in the press?

People are always like: oh, that Ozzie! Saying whatever's on his mind! You know, that's great but let's be honest: that doesn't mean he has any class.

Like in this instance.